Querying Screen Capabilities in Windows

Thomas Koschate-2
So how does one do this reliably?  I have a dual monitor setup, with twin 1280x1024 monitors.  CgScreen will only admit to one 1280x1024 monitor and CgDisplay only knows about one screen.

Tom

Re: Querying Screen Capabilities in Windows

John O'Keefe-3
Tom -

What version of VA Smalltalk and what OS?

John

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:39:44 PM UTC-5, John O'Keefe wrote:

What version of VA Smalltalk and what OS?

VA Smalltalk 8.5.2 and Windows XP.

Tom

Re: Querying Screen Capabilities in Windows

Seth Berman
Hi Tom,

What are the drawable dimensions for 'CgScreen default rootWindow'

I believe this is what I used for the code assist popup/multiple screen support.
Specifically, VAContentAssistPointRelativeLayout>>computePosition has logic
that gets the virtual screen size from the root window, which I believe creates one large logical desktop size that captures both your monitors.

It's been a while so some of the details are fuzzy, but see if that gets you anywhere.

-- Seth

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:27:49 PM UTC-5, Seth Berman wrote:

What are the drawable dimensions for 'CgScreen default rootWindow'

And we have a winner!  This gives me a drawableWidth of 2560 and a drawableHeight of 1024.

Thanks,

Tom