Question: Can I remove these codes?

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Question: Can I remove these codes?

abergel
>  1. MooseEntity>>openInEasel (it is not called and there is MOEasel)

I guess this method should open the glamour roassal easel

>  2. FAMIXClassGroup>>viewDuplicationComplexity (annotation is commented)
>  3. #browsePackageBlueprints (it is not called, annotations are commented)
>  6. HismoClassHistoryGroup>>viewEvolutionMatrix and #viewEvolutionMatrix (it is not called)

It would be nice to clean a bit this

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Question: Can I remove these codes?

Tudor Girba-2

Yes and no :). Many methods in Moose are not used in the Moose image because the goal of having them available is to enable scripting. Even if an action is not available in the menu, it can still be useful to have it around. For example, imagine you are in the inspector looking at some FAMIX entity and then you want to build a visualization. In this moment having a unary method that opens the easel on the object is a great utility.

Nevertheless, in our case, indeed openInEasel should be deleted because we already have openInGlamorousRoassalEasel. browsePackageBlueprints was not used in a long time and should go as well.

The other two visualizations should be kept.

Cheers,
Doru

On May 8, 2013, at 12:54 AM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can I remove these methods?:
>
>  1. MooseEntity>>openInEasel (it is not called and there is MOEasel)
>  2. FAMIXClassGroup>>viewDuplicationComplexity (annotation is commented)
>  3. #browsePackageBlueprints (it is not called, annotations are commented)
>  6. HismoClassHistoryGroup>>viewEvolutionMatrix and #viewEvolutionMatrix (it is not called)
>
> Thanks,
> Jura

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

cbc

Re: Question: Can I remove these codes?

cbc
inline

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Yes and no :). Many methods in Moose are not used in the Moose image because the goal of having them available is to enable scripting. Even if an action is not available in the menu, it can still be useful to have it around. For example, imagine you are in the inspector looking at some FAMIX entity and then you want to build a visualization. In this moment having a unary method that opens the easel on the object is a great utility.

Nevertheless, in our case, indeed openInEasel should be deleted because we already have openInGlamorousRoassalEasel. browsePackageBlueprints was not used in a long time and should go as well.

Is the intent to have more than one Easel in the long run?  If not, wouldn't it be nicer to point openInEasel to open the GlamorousRoassalEasel instead, and let the much longer method go away instead?  In other words, have openInEasel open the most 'desirable' Easel that is present at any given time.

-Chris