Question about Dolphin Smalltalk Companion (With CD-ROM)

Question about Dolphin Smalltalk Companion (With CD-ROM)

Mega Man
I read the back cover of the Dolphin Smalltalk Companion book
and it says in comes with Dolphin Smalltalk4.0 on the CD-ROM.

Does anyone know:

  1. What version is it (DVE, DSE, DPRO etc.)
  2. Is it a 30 day trial or unlimited use (Like Smalltalk Express was)?
  3. Can it generate executables (.exe's)

Thanks

_____________________________
Mega Man
www.JobCrunchersUnite.com

Re: Question about Dolphin Smalltalk Companion (With CD-ROM)

jtuchel
Mega Man wrote:
> I read the back cover of the Dolphin Smalltalk Companion book
> and it says in comes with Dolphin Smalltalk4.0 on the CD-ROM.
>
> Does anyone know:
>
>   1. What version is it (DVE, DSE, DPRO etc.)

DVE

>   2. Is it a 30 day trial or unlimited use (Like Smalltalk Express was)?

unlimited

>   3. Can it generate executables (.exe's)

No, this is a feature of DPRO.

The Book is very good and gives a good introduction to the MVP paradigm.
I think, however, there are better books for Smalltalk the language.

cu

Joachim