Question about setting up OpenQwaq on Squeaksource

Question about setting up OpenQwaq on Squeaksource

Andreas.Raab
Hi -

I'm trying to set up commit notifications for the OpenQwaq project on
Squeaksource and so far I've managed to add an email address to the
project and (after enabling commit notifications by email I've
successfully received the messages on my private email account. However,
when I was trying to add the sender email of said commit notifications
([hidden email]) to the Google group in order to
allow it to post I'm getting an error saying "Google Groups will not add
1 user with a restricted address" and googling that message makes me end
up at
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Basics/browse_thread/thread/ab088f0df820cb97
which recommends to "ask the prospective member to use an e-mail address
Google groups will accept".

So is there a way of changing the sender address? I notice that
source.squeak.org sends messages from "[hidden email]" but
shouldn't commit messages generally come from "<projectname>@domain"?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Question about setting up OpenQwaq on Squeaksource

Tapple Gao
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to set up commit notifications for the OpenQwaq project on
> Squeaksource and so far I've managed to add an email address to the project
> and (after enabling commit notifications by email I've successfully received
> the messages on my private email account. However, when I was trying to add
> the sender email of said commit notifications
> ([hidden email]) to the Google group in order to allow
> it to post I'm getting an error saying "Google Groups will not add 1 user
> with a restricted address" and googling that message makes me end up at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Basics/browse_thread/thread/ab088f0df820cb97
> which recommends to "ask the prospective member to use an e-mail address
> Google groups will accept".
>
> So is there a way of changing the sender address? I notice that
> source.squeak.org sends messages from "[hidden email]" but
> shouldn't commit messages generally come from "<projectname>@domain"?

I've never been able to send email to a google group unless I use
Google's smtp server. One way to do that would be to set up a gmail
account, and set it to forward mail from squeaksource to the google
group. Gmail naturally uses google's smtp server, or some other
shortcut to google groups

Re: Question about setting up OpenQwaq on Squeaksource

Andreas.Raab
Thanks Matthew! Creating a proxy account on GMail and have it forward to
the Google group did in fact do the trick.

Cheers,
   - Andreas