Question for Roassal (sizing ..) (part two)

Question for Roassal (sizing ..) (part two)

MathieuDehouck

(* I send the other part without finishing it *)

Wouldn't it be nice (useful) if a layout could have a legend easily ?

I mean automatically making a kind of grid layout representing different nodes and edges, with the possibility of telling what they mean ?

Regards

Mathieu

Re: Question for Roassal (sizing ..) (part two)

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jun 3, 2013, at 12:46 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

(* I send the other part without finishing it *)

Wouldn't it be nice (useful) if a layout could have a legend easily ?

I mean automatically making a kind of grid layout representing different nodes and edges, with the possibility of telling what they mean ?

+ 1
may be a description and a legend that can be displayed in the same or another window.

Regards

Mathieu

Re: Question for Roassal (sizing ..) (part two)

Ben Coman
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
On Jun 3, 2013, at 12:46 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

(* I send the other part without finishing it *)

Wouldn't it be nice (useful) if a layout could have a legend easily ?

I mean automatically making a kind of grid layout representing different nodes and edges, with the possibility of telling what they mean ?

+ 1
may be a description and a legend that can be displayed in the same or another window.

How about at the same location you have the zoom buttons, have an icon that popups up the legend.  Click to create a separate window. Hover for a momentary popup.

Regards

Mathieu

Re: Question for Roassal (sizing ..) (part two)

abergel
> Wouldn't it be nice (useful) if a layout could have a legend easily ?
>
> I mean automatically making a kind of grid layout representing different nodes and edges, with the possibility of telling what they mean ?

Having a way to specific legend yes, it would be interesting.
However, usually understanding a layout is not the most problematic in my opinion. Understanding the metrics and colors of the nodes and edges requires much more effort.

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Question for Roassal (sizing ..) (part two)

Usman Bhatti

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice (useful) if a layout could have a legend easily ?
>
> I mean automatically making a kind of grid layout representing different nodes and edges, with the possibility of telling what they mean ?

Having a way to specific legend yes, it would be interesting.
However, usually understanding a layout is not the most problematic in my opinion. Understanding the metrics and colors of the nodes and edges requires much more effort.

Another reason to have a good legend to explain them :-).