Question for student report

(s) Simon Pakijavan
Hello

My name is Simon Pakijavan and I am a 3rd year computer science student in the UK writing a report into the applications of Moose.

For my report, it would be useful to research into some of the organisations that use Moose. If you could provide me with the names of some of these organisations, I would be immensely grateful.

Yours

Simon Pakijavan

Re: Question for student report

Michele Lanza-2
http://www.moosetechnology.org/about/partners

On 2010-11-30, at 12:56 PM, (s) Simon Pakijavan wrote:

> Hello
>
> My name is Simon Pakijavan and I am a 3rd year computer science student in the UK writing a report into the applications of Moose.
>
> For my report, it would be useful to research into some of the organisations that use Moose. If you could provide me with the names of some of these organisations, I would be immensely grateful.
>
> Yours
>
> Simon Pakijavan

Re: Question for student report

Tudor Girba
Hi Simon,

Nice to hear from you.

I am currently working with two companies that are using Moose:
- MCS Parametrix AG, Switzerland (http://www.parametrix.ch) - is using the latest Moose for analyzing systems written in Java and in a custom domain specific language.
- MMA France (http://www.mma.fr) - is using the Moose 3.2 in VW to analyze Smalltalk systems.

Could you tell us more about the goal of the report?

Cheers,
Tudor

On 30 Nov 2010, at 12:56, (s) Simon Pakijavan wrote:

> Hello
>
> My name is Simon Pakijavan and I am a 3rd year computer science student in the UK writing a report into the applications of Moose.
>
> For my report, it would be useful to research into some of the organisations that use Moose. If you could provide me with the names of some of these organisations, I would be immensely grateful.
>
> Yours
>
> Simon Pakijavan

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: Question for student report

Tudor Girba
Hi Simon,

I think you did not get this mail.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Question for student report

Tudor Girba
Hi Simon,

I would suggest registering to the mailing list and asking more specific questions:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/about/contact

I would suggest scheming through the online Moose Book. In particular I would suggest to start from the last chapter:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/philosophy

Regarding the use of Smalltalk, here is a short explanation:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/introduction/smalltalk

Cheers,
Tudor

On 1 Dec 2010, at 17:06, (s) Simon Pakijavan wrote:

> Hi Tudor
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I'm really interested in finding out what makes Moose such a usefull tool for data management and also why it is Smalltalk based. I suppose these topics would be the goal of the report. If you have any more information that may help me find the answers to these questions would be very usefull.
>
> Thank you
>
> Simon Pakijavan

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."