Question on KmGlobalDispatcher

David Richards
Why does the class name KmGlobalDispatcher have a small 'm'?

Should it be more consistently named KMGlobalDispatcher, as all other classes in package: 'Keymapping-Core'?

Object subclass: #KmGlobalDispatcher
instanceVariableNames: 'dispatcher'
classVariableNames: ''
package: 'Keymapping-Core'

Just curious why this name seems inconsistent. I don't recall seeing an inconsistency with class name prefixes in any other package group. Is this just a mistake, or rather an opportunity to learn something interesting about how classes should be named in Pharo? As a beginner, I'm not sure which.

Thanks
David

Re: Question on KmGlobalDispatcher

ducasse
Hello David

Indeed this is a good catch.
Can you open a bug entry on github?
Else I will do it but this is cool to get involved that way

On 19 Feb 2019, at 17:37, David Richards <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why does the class name KmGlobalDispatcher have a small 'm'?

Should it be more consistently named KMGlobalDispatcher, as all other classes in package: 'Keymapping-Core'?

Object subclass: #KmGlobalDispatcher
instanceVariableNames: 'dispatcher'
classVariableNames: ''
package: 'Keymapping-Core'

Just curious why this name seems inconsistent. I don't recall seeing an inconsistency with class name prefixes in any other package group. Is this just a mistake, or rather an opportunity to learn something interesting about how classes should be named in Pharo? As a beginner, I'm not sure which.

Thanks
David

Re: Question on KmGlobalDispatcher

Ben Coman
Hi David,

I invite you to consider this an opportunity to submit a PR to fix it.
I'm happy to walk you though the process if you ping me on Discord chat.
I remember it felt cool to have my first code integrated.
Pharo is yours.

cheers -ben

David

Re: Question on KmGlobalDispatcher

ducasse
Thanks Ben.
This is cool. I proposed to David to do a pair screen session but my agenda
will return soon to chaos :).

Stef