Question regarding packaging PetitParser

Question regarding packaging PetitParser

Holger Freyther
Hi all,

I have one question regarding package.xml and PetitParser. The PetitParser is
coming with two files PetitParser.st and PetitParserTests.st. To no surprise
the PetitParserTests is using SUnit.

For the current package.xml the PetitParserTests.st will only be loaded if we
have a test. Now the problem is that the PetitParserTests.st provides a
baseclass for tests that is used by PetitJson and also the MGCP code I am
currently writing.

My question is now. What should I do? Create a separate repository for
PetitParserTests? Always filein PetitParserTests.st? always depend on SUnit?

what is the best way to handle it? Can one package.xml provide two packages?

Re: Question regarding packaging PetitParser

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 08/31/2010 03:43 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have one question regarding package.xml and PetitParser. The PetitParser is
> coming with two files PetitParser.st and PetitParserTests.st. To no surprise
> the PetitParserTests is using SUnit.
>
> For the current package.xml the PetitParserTests.st will only be loaded if we
> have a test. Now the problem is that the PetitParserTests.st provides a
> baseclass for tests that is used by PetitJson and also the MGCP code I am
> currently writing.
>
> My question is now. What should I do? Create a separate repository for
> PetitParserTests? Always filein PetitParserTests.st? always depend on SUnit?
>
> what is the best way to handle it? Can one package.xml provide two packages?

It's a known bug in PackageLoader.  I hope to look at it soonish.

For now, I suggest you create a separate repository PetitParser-Tests
and put its package file in Tests/package.xml.  This is the same trick
that is used in Iliad to build all Iliad*.star files with a single
"gst-package --download".

Paolo