Questions about Glamour

Offray
Hi all,

Following with my idea of Tree like workspace I have started to see
Glamour to find my way to the problem. After trying to install it on
Pharo and getting some error message I tried the preinstalled version of
Moose and followed the Moose Book example[1]. It worked well, and I like
the flexibility of glamour to define browsers, but you loose some of the
most important characteristic in the Workspace is interactivity
(auto-completion, syntax highlighting and so on) So  I have some questions:

[1] http://www.themoosebook.org/book/internals/glamour/glimpse

  * ¿There is any way to make the details panel contain a Workspace?.

  * When I try the first example in the Bunge's Thesis tutorial:

    browser := TableLayoutBrowser new.

    I don't get full autocompletion on TableLayoutBrowser only until
TableLayout. This is because this Class is not supported on Moose
Glamour, another reason or Am I misunderstanding something else?

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Questions about Glamour

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The examples from the thesis of Philipp are out of date. The up-to-date documentation is in The Moose Book.

If you want to discuss Glamour, I would suggest to use the [hidden email] mailing list - follow the registration from:

Further examples can be found in the built-in example browser (also done in Glamour):
GLMBasicExamples open

Regarding your first question, the current way to integrate a Workspace is by using something like:

a text
        forSmalltalk.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: Questions about Glamour

Offray
Hi Doru,

Thanks for your pointers. I will subscribe to the moose list to continue
the discussion.

Cheers,

Offray