Questions about text formatting

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks, I have two simple questions:

1) I am putting in a Pier page a text I am copying from a .doc (I am copy pasting it). The main problem I have is with the "Point and beyond". Suppose I have this text when I am editing the page:

"This is a paragraph that talks about something.
This is another paragraph."

Pier render me this:

This is a paragraph that talks about something. This is another paragraph.

The only way I found to render what I want is using a <br>, like this:

"This is a paragraph that talks about something.<br></br>
This is another paragraph."

Is there an easier way to do this ?

2) In a Pier page, I have text and an image embebed. Suppose something like this:

"Buceo en Madryn y Península de Valdés.
+/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Puerto Madryn/Foto - Buceo - Puerto Madryn+

Otras actividades, se puede realizar Mountain bike, trekking, sandboard, cabalgatas, paseos náuticos, windsurf pueden ser comunes a otros sitios, pero pocas veces se unen a un escenario atractivo."

In this case +/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Puerto Madryn/Foto - Buceo - Puerto Madryn+    is a picture but the width of this picure is less than the area of the text. So, the text "Otras actividades, se puede......"  estar to render at the right of the picture. Suppose I don't want this and want this text to start below the picture. how can I do this ?
If I wasn't clear enough I can attach an screenshot.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano

Re: Questions about text formatting

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

1) there is no other way if you want to force a breakpoint

2) you could put the picture in a div to force a new line
my text

Cheers,
Doru

On 7 Jun 2009, at 19:08, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks, I have two simple questions:
>
> 1) I am putting in a Pier page a text I am copying from a .doc (I am
> copy pasting it). The main problem I have is with the "Point and
> beyond". Suppose I have this text when I am editing the page:
>
> "This is a paragraph that talks about something.
> This is another paragraph."
>
> Pier render me this:
>
> This is a paragraph that talks about something. This is another
> paragraph.
>
> The only way I found to render what I want is using a <br>, like this:
>
> "This is a paragraph that talks about something.<br></br>
> This is another paragraph."
>
> Is there an easier way to do this ?
>

> 2) In a Pier page, I have text and an image embebed. Suppose
> something like this:
>

> "Buceo en Madryn y Península de Valdés.
> +/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Puerto Madryn/Foto - Buceo -
> Puerto Madryn+
>
> Otras actividades, se puede realizar Mountain bike, trekking,
> sandboard, cabalgatas, paseos náuticos, windsurf pueden ser comunes
> a otros sitios, pero pocas veces se unen a un escenario atractivo."
>
> In this case +/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Puerto Madryn/Foto
> - Buceo - Puerto Madryn+    is a picture but the width of this
> picure is less than the area of the text. So, the text "Otras
> actividades, se puede......"  estar to render at the right of the
> picture. Suppose I don't want this and want this text to start below
> the picture. how can I do this ?
> If I wasn't clear enough I can attach an screenshot.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mariano

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of
problem understanding."

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

1) there is no other way if you want to force a breakpoint

ok.

2) you could put the picture in a div to force a new line
my text

Worked perfect!!

Thanks Doru

Mariano

[...]

Damien Cassou-3
On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Tudor Girba<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1) there is no other way if you want to force a breakpoint

Adding a blank line in-between should also do it:

http://www.piercms.com/doc/faq#24549845

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Tudor Girba<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1) there is no other way if you want to force a breakpoint

Adding a blank line in-between should also do it:

This is a paragraph that talks about something.

This is another paragraph.

Yes thanks! I then noticed that. But, not always I want a black line, but this:

"This is a paragraph that talks about something.
This is another paragraph. "

Having both ways is what I needed :)

> 2) you could put the picture in a div to force a new line

http://www.piercms.com/doc/faq#24549845

this was just added or it was there before my question? If it was before....sorry

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Questions about text formatting

Randal L. Schwartz

Mariano> "This is a paragraph that talks about something.
Mariano> This is another paragraph. "

But in English, those aren't paragraphs.  So, I wouldn't know
that's what you intended.

The blank line (or at least an indent) serves to warn the reader
that the topic is changing.  A simple line-break doesn't do so.

That's because line breaks also have to be inserted when the line reaches
its limit.

So, please, the reason you can't do what you want, is that the reader
wouldn't know what you mean.

Don't fight it.  Use it as it was intended.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion