Questions about using Seaside

Каменев Алексей Николаевич

Hello !

Where can I ask about using Seaside?

for example:

How to correctly organize multilevel navigation (like gmail)

First level used to switch application mode/task/perspective

Second level used internally into selected perspective

Accounting

  Cash

  Bank

  ..

Reports

As I understand I must use embedding components

ShellComponent

   ShellNavigationComponent

   AccountingPerspectiveComponent

   ReportsPerspectiveComponent

ShellComponent>renderContentOn: html

                …

                html render: navigationComponent

                …

                html render: selectedPerspectiveComponent

But I must initialize “children” for “parent” and this will lead to initialize all interface tree

How to instantiate just required “children”

With best regards

Alexey

Kamenew

Re: Questions about using Seaside

Lukas Renggli
Hi Alexey,

> Where can I ask about using Seaside?

This list :-)

> How to correctly organize multilevel navigation (like gmail)
>

> First level used to switch application mode/task/perspective
>
> Second level used internally into selected perspective
>

> Accounting
>
>   Cash
>
>   Bank
>
>   ..
>
> Reports
>
> …

There are various example applications that do exactly that. For
example, have a look at the jQuery demo application at
http://localhost:8080/javascript/jquery and the implementation of its
root component JQAllFunctionalTests.

Lukas

--