Questions

Alejandro Adgi Romano
Hello, my name is Alejandro.

I´m writting code in Pharo 5.0.

I need finish an exercise of my career.

My question is:

¿Could you tell me how can read and write a CSV File?

I need the code, because i don´t understand how is the use of NeoCSV or another tool for this.

In the exercise, the text says:
"You must Show the CashFlow por One Period with information from CashFlow.csv"

¿How can I do this?

Thanks!!!

Re: Questions

Julien Delplanque
Hello,

Have a look at "NeoCSV" project from the catalog browser.

This document [1] may help you as well. There is a dedicated section for
NeoCSV.

Regards,
Julien

Links:
[1]:
http://www.slideshare.net/philippeback/pharo-days-2016-data-formats-and-protocols

On 28/07/16 08:30, Alejandro Adgi Romano wrote:

> Hello, my name is Alejandro.
>
> I´m writting code in Pharo 5.0.
>
> I need finish an exercise of my career.
>
> My question is:
>
> ¿Could you tell me how can read and write a CSV File?
>
> I need the code, because i don´t understand how is the use of NeoCSV or
> another tool for this.
>
> In the exercise, the text says:
> "You must Show the CashFlow por One Period with information from
> CashFlow.csv"
>

> ¿How can I do this?
>
> Thanks!!!

Re: Questions

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
And there is this chapter in the new book:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/NeoCSV/NeoCSV.html

But I understood that Alejandro has to write a simple CSV parser from first principles himself.