Quick test

Ian Bartholomew-18
Could anyone with a few seconds to spare evaluate each of the following
in a workspace and let me ([hidden email])  know the answers they
get.

(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 8)
    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression

(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 16)
    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression

(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 24)
    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression

(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 32)
    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression

I'm just trying to work out if the answers I get (0, 3, 0, 0) are
peculiar to my system/graphics drivers or are the expected results on
all systems.

Thanks
--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: Quick test

Joseph Pelrine-5
Ian Bartholomew wrote:

>Could anyone with a few seconds to spare evaluate each of the following
>in a workspace and let me ([hidden email])  know the answers they
>get.
>
>(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 8)
>    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
>(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 16)
>    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
>(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 24)
>    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
>(DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 32)
>    getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
>I'm just trying to work out if the answers I get (0, 3, 0, 0) are
>peculiar to my system/graphics drivers or are the expected results on
>all systems.
>
>Thanks

I get the same answers (0, 3, 0, 0).

Cheers

Joseph Pelrine [ | ]
MetaProg GmbH
Email: [hidden email]
Web:   http://www.metaprog.com

"If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much space" -
Doug Robinson

Joseph Pelrine [ | ]
MetaProg GmbH
Email: [hidden email]
Web:   http://www.metaprog.com

"If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much space" -
Doug Robinson

Re: Quick test

Andreas Wacknitz
Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Could anyone with a few seconds to spare evaluate each of the following
> in a workspace and let me ([hidden email])  know the answers they
> get.
>
> (DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 8)
>     getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
> (DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 16)
>     getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
> (DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 24)
>     getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
> (DIBSection width: 10 height: 20 depth: 32)
>     getDIBSECTION dsBmih biCompression
>
> I'm just trying to work out if the answers I get (0, 3, 0, 0) are
> peculiar to my system/graphics drivers or are the expected results on
> all systems.
>
> Thanks
I get exactly the same results.

Andreas

Re: Quick test

Bernhard Kohlhaas-3
Same result (0, 3, 0, 0) here.

Bernhard

--
(This email address is only temporarily valid, due to the heavy amount
of spam a post generates. For a permanently valid email address, just

Re: Quick test

Ian Bartholomew-18
I wrote:

> Could anyone with a few seconds to spare evaluate each of the
> following in a workspace and let me ([hidden email])  know the
> answers they get.

Thanks to everyone who replied, both here and via e-mail.

It appears that Windows consistently uses a different default
compression method for 16 bit DeviceIndependentBitmaps and may also do
the same when performing a copy/paste of 16 and 32 bit bitmaps using the
clipboard.

Bugger!!