Quicktime and MP3 harvested from Sophie

Torsten Bergmann
frank wrote:
>Meaning that anything ripped out of Sophie 1.0 should be (or is, rather) >covered by an MIT licence, rather than Sophie 2.0's licence. Which is a good >thing!

Sophie 2.0 is ECL:  http://www.sophie2.org/users/licensing.html
Sophie 1.0 is BSD:  http://www.futureofthebook.org/sophie/about/license

Where did you read about MIT?`

Bye
T.

Re: Quicktime and MP3 harvested from Sophie

Frank Shearar-3
On 16 August 2011 14:33, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> frank wrote:
>>Meaning that anything ripped out of Sophie 1.0 should be (or is, rather) >covered by an MIT licence, rather than Sophie 2.0's licence. Which is a good >thing!
>
> Sophie 2.0 is ECL:  http://www.sophie2.org/users/licensing.html
> Sophie 1.0 is BSD:  http://www.futureofthebook.org/sophie/about/license
>
> Where did you read about MIT?`

BSD, MIT. They're pretty much identical. Anyway, I should have said "BSD".

frank

> Bye
> T.
> --
> NEU: FreePhone - 0ct/min Handyspartarif mit Geld-zurück-Garantie!

Re: Quicktime and MP3 harvested from Sophie

Marcus Denker-4

On Aug 16, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 16 August 2011 14:33, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> frank wrote:
>>> Meaning that anything ripped out of Sophie 1.0 should be (or is, rather) >covered by an MIT licence, rather than Sophie 2.0's licence. Which is a good >thing!
>>
>> Sophie 2.0 is ECL:  http://www.sophie2.org/users/licensing.html
>> Sophie 1.0 is BSD:  http://www.futureofthebook.org/sophie/about/license
>>
>> Where did you read about MIT?`
>
> BSD, MIT. They're pretty much identical. Anyway, I should have said "BSD".

But identical is not the same. As soon as we ad Sophie code, we need to add the Sophie license
to the license of Pahro.

And than the whole license story gets one notch more complicated again.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Quicktime and MP3 harvested from Sophie

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
As soon as we add Sophie code, we need to add the Sophie license to the license of Pahro.
I assumed we were just talking about making in loadable and useful, not adding it to the image.
Cheers,
Sean