Quotes in a string

ipstools.project
1. Couldn`t find it in the docs how to create a string constant, having single or double quotes, or both? Is there something special if i want to use such a constant in a PRAGMA statement of pool dictionary?
2. National symbols in code editor are displayed as question marks ???  How do I fix this?

Re: Quotes in a string

Solveig
Hello Sergei,

see answers below.

Best,
Solveig Viste
Instantiations
VA Smalltalk Support

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 2:21:26 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi all!
1. Couldn`t find it in the docs how to create a string constant, having single or double quotes, or both? Is there something special if i want to use such a constant in a PRAGMA statement of pool dictionary?
I guessed -  double single quotes inserts a single quote, and no special arrangement for double quotes. But PRAGMA doesn`t accepts a double quotes in a string. Is this a bug?
Pragmas : Namespace pragmas : Declarations : Declaration syntax
http://www.instantiations.com/docs/90/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=pr/stpr671.html
describes declaration syntax.  The syntax already uses the double quote and single quote.
there is no description for embedding  a single quote or a double quote within portions of the syntax denoted as " aString "

2. National symbols in code editor are displayed as question marks ???  How do I fix this?
Still searching the solution.
Can you give an example of the national symbol which does not display correctly? If you are running on Windows, what is your language and locale?

3. Need to distinguish and filter user inputs of Del and Bs thorough XmNmodifyVerifyCallback callback. But on unknown reason Smalltalk erases the Del and Bs events from keyboard (see pic.). Is there any workaround?
Del and Bs are defined in the pool dictionary CldtConstants
Since you are using CwText, look at the following which handle Del and/or Bs as a special case.
CwText>>callModifyVerifyCallback:
OSLargeText>>wmKeydown:with:
OSLargeText>>processCharacter:
OSTextEdit>>wmChar:with:
You may want to subclass CwText to handle the Del and Bs characters differently.

Sergei.