R.I.P. SystemChangeNotifier

EstebanLM
Hi,

Today we finally finish the removal of SystemChangeNotifier. This is a big step forward to unify all system events into announcements. Current notification center is named "SystemAnnouncer" and all events has been reified into more meaningful announcements...
This operation was really hard because is like changing the heart of a living person :)
For 99.99% of users, this will be absolute transparent, but there are some cases where maybe some problems emerge. Please, take this into account to migrate your code soon.
Don't wait until is to late!

Cheers,
Esteban

Esteban

Re: R.I.P. SystemChangeNotifier

camille teruel

Cool! We won't miss it!

Le mardi 7 août 2012, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Great!! :D
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today we finally finish the removal of SystemChangeNotifier. This is a big step forward to unify all system events into announcements. Current notification center is named "SystemAnnouncer" and all events has been reified into more meaningful announcements...
>> This operation was really hard because is like changing the heart of a living person :)
>> For 99.99% of users, this will be absolute transparent, but there are some cases where maybe some problems emerge. Please, take this into account to migrate your code soon.
>> Don't wait until is to late!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban

Re: R.I.P. SystemChangeNotifier

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Today we finally finish the removal of SystemChangeNotifier. This is a big step forward to unify all system events into announcements. Current notification center is named "SystemAnnouncer" and all events has been reified into more meaningful announcements...
This operation was really hard because is like changing the heart of a living person :)
For 99.99% of users, this will be absolute transparent, but there are some cases where maybe some problems emerge. Please, take this into account to migrate your code soon.
Don't wait until is to late!

mmmmm did you remove #doSilently: ?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: R.I.P. SystemChangeNotifier

Fernando olivero-2
Goodbye Pen, ImageSegment, FileDirectory, and now
SystemChangeNotifier! NICE work you guys! (Soon, we will even have an
image without Morphic at all... )

We need to make a graveyard (a fun web page for the Pharo site? ) for
all deceased objects, so we don't forget them, and why we chose to let
them die...

Fernando