R: Re: Standalone GUI

Francis
Hi Clement,
 So how can I prevent a user to execute a doIt? Blocking the opening of windows?

Francis

Re: R: Re: Standalone GUI

stepharo
remove the key binding
you can by redefining the behavior of UnhandledException block the pop up of the debugger
but after you will not have debugger :)

Le 2/2/15 18:26, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hi Clement,
 So how can I prevent a user to execute a doIt? Blocking the opening of windows?

Francis

On Jan 31, 2015 10:33 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> How can I make a standalone pharo installation that starts on a GUI?

Yes.

In the start up list you add code opening the ui you need.

> About the gui: my first idea was to use Morphic, but then user has access to all the source code, am I right?

Morphic is orthogonal to source code access. It is a tool for building ui. some ui access source code, some don't. You can build widgets accessing something else than source code.

Note that as long as the user can execute a doit, he can access your source code by guessing a class/method name.

Consider the other frameworks for building ui on top of morphic too:
Spec, a ui descriptor framework allowing you to deploy on morphic and on native uis
Glamour, a framework for fast ui implementation
> Thanks
>  Francis

Best
Clement

Re: R: Re: Standalone GUI

Damien Cassou

[hidden email] writes:

>  So how can I prevent a user to execute a doIt? Blocking the
>  opening of windows?

look at how Pharo Launcher is implemented:
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/PharoLauncher. The Launcher
window takes the whole screen. This is a good start. Still, this
is not secure and there are many ways to escape.

--
Damien Cassou http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: R: Re: Standalone GUI