RB autoselection of polymorphs

Shaping-3
If you have a method selected in the Class Browser, and then select a
superclass or sublcass, the polymorph, if present, is not automatically
selected.  But this automatic selection happens in VW's RB.  Why doesn't
Dolphin's RB do this?

This is a very helpful, time-saving feature when one is quickly looking up
and down a hierarchy, studying polymorphic context shifts.  Can we put this
on the list for D6?

Shaping

Re: RB autoselection of polymorphs

Don Rylander-3
"Shaping" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:4212f68e$[hidden email]...
> If you have a method selected in the Class Browser, and then select a
> superclass or sublcass, the polymorph, if present, is not automatically
> selected.  But this automatic selection happens in VW's RB.  Why doesn't
> Dolphin's RB do this?
Something that comes close is to right click on the method and click on
Inheritance Chain.  It doesn't show subclasses, but I still find it pretty
useful for that sort of browsing.

HTH,

Don

> This is a very helpful, time-saving feature when one is quickly looking up
> and down a hierarchy, studying polymorphic context shifts.  Can we put
> this on the list for D6?
>

> Shaping

Re: RB autoselection of polymorphs

Chris Uppal-3
Shaping wrote:

> If you have a method selected in the Class Browser, and then select a
> superclass or sublcass, the polymorph, if present, is not automatically
> selected.

Or when switching to a sibling class.  Or indeed any class with the "same"
method.  It's been requested before (a long time ago), but I think it was one
of the small but obviously good ideas that has somehow slipped through the
cracks.

> This is a very helpful, time-saving feature when one is quickly looking up
> and down a hierarchy, studying polymorphic context shifts.  Can we put
> this on the list for D6?

Seconded.

    -- chris

Re: RB autoselection of polymorphs

Shaping-3
>> If you have a method selected in the Class Browser, and then select a
>> superclass or sublcass, the polymorph, if present, is not automatically
>> selected.
>
> Or when switching to a sibling class.

Right.  I remembered that case after I sent the message.  In general, it
works, if the method is there.

  Or indeed any class with the "same"

> method.  It's been requested before (a long time ago), but I think it was
> one
> of the small but obviously good ideas that has somehow slipped through the
> cracks.
>
>> This is a very helpful, time-saving feature when one is quickly looking
>> up
>> and down a hierarchy, studying polymorphic context shifts.  Can we put
>> this on the list for D6?
>
> Seconded.

Shaping