RB now supports code formatting ;)

Stéphane Ducasse
Apparently lukas ported some new code from john (thanks john)
that supports keeping code formatting.... cool thanks both.

Re: RB now supports code formatting ;)

Lukas Renggli
> Apparently lukas ported some new code from john (thanks john)
> that supports keeping code formatting.... cool thanks both.

That new code is actually very old. The code we had up to now was from
1998, the code I ported and integrated this weekend is from 2002. We
finally made it to the next century :-)

The changes I integrated from John Brant:

- Renaming classes, renaming methods, inlining and extracting code
does not necessarily reformat the code anymore. In some complicated
situations it still does, but for most common cases this should give
much better results.

- Also there is a configurable formatter that allows users to
customize how the code is formatted, in the cases where this
necessary.

The changes I implemented myself:

- The refactoring browser now has a first-class representation of pragmas.

- Improved the parser to be able to read the complete standard image.

- Added new tests and fixed many old tests.

- And many other things I forgot ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: RB now supports code formatting ;)

Stéphane Ducasse
cool! and thanks for your time.
I like that we move.

Stef

>> Apparently lukas ported some new code from john (thanks john)
>> that supports keeping code formatting.... cool thanks both.
>
> That new code is actually very old. The code we had up to now was from
> 1998, the code I ported and integrated this weekend is from 2002. We
> finally made it to the next century :-)
>
> The changes I integrated from John Brant:
>
> - Renaming classes, renaming methods, inlining and extracting code
> does not necessarily reformat the code anymore. In some complicated
> situations it still does, but for most common cases this should give
> much better results.
>
> - Also there is a configurable formatter that allows users to
> customize how the code is formatted, in the cases where this
> necessary.
>
> The changes I implemented myself:
>
> - The refactoring browser now has a first-class representation of
> pragmas.
>
> - Improved the parser to be able to read the complete standard image.
>
> - Added new tests and fixed many old tests.
>
> - And many other things I forgot ...
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: RB now supports code formatting ;)

hernanmd
Hi Lukas, thanks for this update, I will take a look.
Cheers,

Hernán

2009/11/2 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
> Apparently lukas ported some new code from john (thanks john)
> that supports keeping code formatting.... cool thanks both.

That new code is actually very old. The code we had up to now was from
1998, the code I ported and integrated this weekend is from 2002. We
finally made it to the next century :-)

The changes I integrated from John Brant:

- Renaming classes, renaming methods, inlining and extracting code
does not necessarily reformat the code anymore. In some complicated
situations it still does, but for most common cases this should give
much better results.

- Also there is a configurable formatter that allows users to
customize how the code is formatted, in the cases where this
necessary.

The changes I implemented myself:

- The refactoring browser now has a first-class representation of pragmas.

- Improved the parser to be able to read the complete standard image.

- Added new tests and fixed many old tests.

- And many other things I forgot ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: RB now supports code formatting ;)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
This is great news!!  When will it appear in the downloadable Pharo images?  Many thanks!!!

Bill