RB walkback

Bill Schwab-2
Blair,

Begin to add a parameter to a method, and cancel at the prompter for the
name:  =:0   If understand the refactoring correctly, it would be nice to be
able to edit the parameter name in the original dialog, and it would
_really_ be slick to able to add multiple parameters at one time.

Have a good one,

Bill

9:29:58 AM, Thursday, April 11, 2002: 'UndefinedObject does not understand
#isEmpty'
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
RefactoringSmalltalkSystem>>addParameterToMethod:inPackages:caption:
RefactoringSmalltalkSystem>>addParameterToMethod:
[] in MethodBrowser>>addParameter
MethodBrowser>>performNameChangeRefactoring:
MethodBrowser>>addParameter
Symbol>>forwardTo:
CommandDescription>>performAgainst:
[] in Command>>value
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Command>>value
[] in ShellView>>performCommand:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ShellView>>performCommand:
AcmeClassBrowserShell(Shell)>>performCommand:
CommandQuery>>perform
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>route:
[] in ListView(View)>>onCommand:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ListView(View)>>onCommand:
ListView(View)>>wmCommand:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

---
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: RB walkback

Bill Schwab-2
Blair,

> Begin to add a parameter to a method, and cancel at the prompter for the
> name:  =:0

Correction - it's the prompter for the default value.

Have good one,

Bill

---
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: RB walkback

Blair McGlashan
"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Blair,
>
> Begin to add a parameter to a method, and cancel at the prompter for the
> name:  =:0

Thanks Bill, #844.

>...If understand the refactoring correctly, it would be nice to be
> able to edit the parameter name in the original dialog, ...

It would, but unfortunately I have had to disable the ability to rename the
parameters in the generic method name dialog because there is a bug in the
refactoring engine such that in some cases it can't handle the renaming of
the arguments at the time of the refactoring. This is #409, and once that is
addressed I think this could be accommodated quite easily. I'm sure I don't
need to describe the workaround.

>...and it would
> _really_ be slick to able to add multiple parameters at one time.

Indeed, but I think that would benefit from a custom dialog that allowed one
to supply the default values rather than having multiple subsequent prompts,
so I'm going to defer that for the flight to Smalltalk Solutions :-).

Regards

Blair