RBConfigurableFormatter Redux

Travis Griggs-3
Thanks all for the answers. You gave me what I was looking for.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

RE: RBConfigurableFormatter Redux

Thomas Brodt
And btw, what I wish for for years now is a hook in the browser classes on accept.
As we do autoformat a method on accept, we have to insert overrides in the browser and debugger classes.
My proposal would be to provide hooks for tools on some stages during accept in the browser where you can hook in tools as a
formatter before accepting, after formatting, coloring after accpet, etc without the need to override system code.

Thomas

anthony lander
Actually. I wish that the refactoring browser would do strategic text
replacement for simple refactorings (eg method rename, protect inst var,
etc..) and not reformat the method at all.

If it left the formatting undisturbed for the refactorings that don't modify
the structure of the source tree, I don't think I'd care so much about the
code formatter.

  -anthony

--
PGP key at http://anthony.etherealplanet.org
3FF8 6319 CADA 2D21 03BB 175F 3382 822A 502F AE80

Re: RBConfigurableFormatter Redux

Alan Knight-2
I think it does. I remember John Brant talking about doing it, and I think I've noticed it in practice.

At 05:47 PM 1/23/2007, Anthony Lander wrote:
Actually. I wish that the refactoring browser would do strategic text
replacement for simple refactorings (eg method rename, protect inst var,
etc..) and not reformat the method at all.

If it left the formatting undisturbed for the refactorings that don't modify
the structure of the source tree, I don't think I'd care so much about the
code formatter.

  -anthony

--
PGP key at http://anthony.etherealplanet.org
3FF8 6319 CADA 2D21 03BB 175F 3382 822A 502F AE80

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross

Re[2]: RBConfigurableFormatter Redux

Andres Valloud-2
Hello Eliot et al,

AL>> Actually. I wish that the refactoring browser would do strategic
AL>> text replacement for simple refactorings (eg method rename,
AL>> protect inst var, etc..) and not reformat the method at all.

EM> Hear, hear!!!

Although I am very happy with the Refactoring Browser, I would be even
happier if this were the case :).  Perhaps a configuration switch to
suit everybody's personal preference?

--
Best regards,
 Andres                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: RBConfigurableFormatter Redux

anthony lander
At 05:47 PM 1/23/2007, Anthony Lander wrote:
>Actually. I wish that the refactoring browser would do strategic text
>replacement for simple refactorings (eg method rename, protect inst var,
>etc..) and not reformat the method at all.
>
> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 21:45, Alan Knight wrote:
> > I think it does. I remember John Brant talking about doing it, and I
> > think I've noticed it in practice.

Alan, you're right! I had no idea they fixed that. I guess I had sworn off
those refactorings a long time ago, and never tried them again.

Thanks for the heads up,

  -anthony