RBNamespace does not like Trait ?

François Tanguy
Hello,

no class is created when sending defineClass: message to an
RBNamespace instance with the following class string definition

        Object subclass: #SCElement
                uses: {TPrintable}
                instanceVariableNames: ''
                classVariableNames: ''
                poolDictionaries: ''
                category: #'SC'

Having a quick look to the implementation, RBNamespace does not like
Trait...

Francois

Re: RBNamespace does not like Trait ?

Marcus Denker-3
Hi,

In general, RB does not know about Traits too much. They are treated
like classes, which
works most of the time.

There has been work done for Traits support (and Traits related
refactorings). But
this has not yet been integrated.

        Marcus

On 11.05.2009, at 07:52, François Tanguy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> no class is created when sending defineClass: message to an
> RBNamespace instance with the following class string definition
>
> Object subclass: #SCElement
> uses: {TPrintable}
> instanceVariableNames: ''
> classVariableNames: ''
> poolDictionaries: ''
> category: #'SC'
>
> Having a quick look to the implementation, RBNamespace does not like
> Trait...
>
> Francois

Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: RBNamespace does not like Trait ?

François Tanguy
Hello,

it is okay, I can deal without it.

My use case is the following:
- extension of Fame to support Traits
- use the fame code generator to add behavior to generated classes

Because Fame is using RB to generate code, I was expecting that RB was handling Traits.
But no matter, I add Trait in a second pass myself.

Cheers

François