Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RBParser bug ? (Morphic corruption)

kilon.alios
If I do something normal in the Playground like
RBParser parseExpression: 'bac' and inspect it , it works fine

If I do something like
RBParser parseExpression: 'bac->'. Then it displays an error and things really get weird

I get redraw problems with Morphic(if I start moving windows around), with windows leaving trailing images behind and Pharo slowing down.

Can anyone reproduce my problem ?

I can reproduce this behavior in 6.1 32 bit and 64 bit and with other incorrect syntax strings.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: RBParser bug ? (Morphic corruption)

Peter Uhnak

solution is to close your image and open again, or go to process browser and kill the new UI loop that started.

As a workaround you can do parseExpression:onError: (or whatever the name is)... or I've made a small wrapper which doesn't suffer from thsi https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-changes-builder

Peter

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I do something like
RBParser parseExpression: 'bac->'. Then it displays an error and things really get weird

I get redraw problems with Morphic(if I start moving windows around), with windows leaving trailing images behind and Pharo slowing down.

I can reproduce this behavior in 6.1 32 bit and 64 bit and with other incorrect syntax strings.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: RBParser bug ? (Morphic corruption)

kilon.alios
ok good to know its fixed, thanks Peter.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 10:29 PM Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:

solution is to close your image and open again, or go to process browser and kill the new UI loop that started.

As a workaround you can do parseExpression:onError: (or whatever the name is)... or I've made a small wrapper which doesn't suffer from thsi https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-changes-builder

Peter

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I do something like