RC3 - small stuff

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Some time ago, there was (I thought) a patch for saving workspace text to a file; I had hoped to find that in 1.0, but it is not in RC3 that I can find.

The first thing I did was load the Loader extensions to Gofer.  It installed as expected.  I have not looked into the code, but tried #search: and found things like Citezen and Rio missing.  That might be "simply" because the Configuration* packages are not in the Metacello repository??  If so, are they not there for a non-trivial reason?

I then grabbed ConfigurationOfCitezen, and was hung up by an unsatisfied dependence on SmaCC. The SmaCC runtime is in my RC1 image, but I don't know how/why it was loaded; presumably CZLoader did it.

Are these bugs or features?  I am leaning toward bugs, but the question is whether any or all of the following appicable: (1) ConfigurationOfCitezen needs to load prerequisites; (2) Loader is in the wrong to not see them; (3) I need to add repositories to Loader; (4) various ConfigurationOf* packages need to be in the Metacello repository.

Any ideas?

Bill

Re: RC3 - small stuff

Chris Muller-3
Hi Bill, I think you can just create a new file in the file-list, cut
and paste your WS into it, save again..

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Some time ago, there was (I thought) a patch for saving workspace text to a file; I had hoped to find that in 1.0, but it is not in RC3 that I can find.
>
> The first thing I did was load the Loader extensions to Gofer.  It installed as expected.  I have not looked into the code, but tried #search: and found things like Citezen and Rio missing.  That might be "simply" because the Configuration* packages are not in the Metacello repository??  If so, are they not there for a non-trivial reason?
>
> I then grabbed ConfigurationOfCitezen, and was hung up by an unsatisfied dependence on SmaCC. The SmaCC runtime is in my RC1 image, but I don't know how/why it was loaded; presumably CZLoader did it.
>
> Are these bugs or features?  I am leaning toward bugs, but the question is whether any or all of the following appicable: (1) ConfigurationOfCitezen needs to load prerequisites; (2) Loader is in the wrong to not see them; (3) I need to add repositories to Loader; (4) various ConfigurationOf* packages need to be in the Metacello repository.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bill

Re: RC3 - small stuff

Dale
Bill,

Looks like ConfgurationOfCitezen does need required projects added (I am willing to help the maintainers - drop me a line).

Perhaps the configs aren't ready for prime time and that's why they have not been added to MetacelloRepository.

You can add repositories to your own GoferProject:

  Gofer project repository: 'Repository URL'.

Will add another repository to the search path.

Dale
----- "Wilhelm K Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hello all,
|
| Some time ago, there was (I thought) a patch for saving workspace text
| to a file; I had hoped to find that in 1.0, but it is not in RC3 that
| I can find.
|
| The first thing I did was load the Loader extensions to Gofer.  It
| installed as expected.  I have not looked into the code, but tried
| #search: and found things like Citezen and Rio missing.  That might be
| "simply" because the Configuration* packages are not in the Metacello
| repository??  If so, are they not there for a non-trivial reason?
|
| I then grabbed ConfigurationOfCitezen, and was hung up by an
| unsatisfied dependence on SmaCC. The SmaCC runtime is in my RC1 image,
| but I don't know how/why it was loaded; presumably CZLoader did it.
|
| Are these bugs or features?  I am leaning toward bugs, but the
| question is whether any or all of the following appicable: (1)
| ConfigurationOfCitezen needs to load prerequisites; (2) Loader is in
| the wrong to not see them; (3) I need to add repositories to Loader;
| (4) various ConfigurationOf* packages need to be in the Metacello
| repository.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Bill

Re: RC3 - small stuff

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Chris,

Understood, but somebody created what I thought was a correct patch to add something to the workspace menu to do it, and it would be a shame to lose it.

Bill

Hi Bill, I think you can just create a new file in the file-list, cut and paste your WS into it, save again..

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Some time ago, there was (I thought) a patch for saving workspace text to a file; I had hoped to find that in 1.0, but it is not in RC3 that I can find.
>
> The first thing I did was load the Loader extensions to Gofer.  It installed as expected.  I have not looked into the code, but tried #search: and found things like Citezen and Rio missing.  That might be "simply" because the Configuration* packages are not in the Metacello repository??  If so, are they not there for a non-trivial reason?
>
> I then grabbed ConfigurationOfCitezen, and was hung up by an unsatisfied dependence on SmaCC. The SmaCC runtime is in my RC1 image, but I don't know how/why it was loaded; presumably CZLoader did it.
>
> Are these bugs or features?  I am leaning toward bugs, but the question is whether any or all of the following appicable: (1) ConfigurationOfCitezen needs to load prerequisites; (2) Loader is in the wrong to not see them; (3) I need to add repositories to Loader; (4) various ConfigurationOf* packages need to be in the Metacello repository.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bill

Re: RC3 - small stuff

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Dale,

Another project that Citezen might need is Rio.  It looks like Damien has been busy.  The ConfigurationOfCitezen is in the repository.  For fun, I tried

  Gofer project load:'Citezen'

and get an error "No versions matching version (latest)"  I am not sure whether this is something that I should stop nagging and let Damien fix, or if I'm not doing this correctly.

Bill

Looks like ConfgurationOfCitezen does need required projects added (I am willing to help the maintainers - drop me a line).

Perhaps the configs aren't ready for prime time and that's why they have not been added to MetacelloRepository.

You can add repositories to your own GoferProject:

  Gofer project repository: 'Repository URL'.

Will add another repository to the search path.

Dale
----- "Wilhelm K Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hello all,
|
| Some time ago, there was (I thought) a patch for saving workspace text
| to a file; I had hoped to find that in 1.0, but it is not in RC3 that
| I can find.
|
| The first thing I did was load the Loader extensions to Gofer.  It
| installed as expected.  I have not looked into the code, but tried
| #search: and found things like Citezen and Rio missing.  That might be
| "simply" because the Configuration* packages are not in the Metacello
| repository??  If so, are they not there for a non-trivial reason?
|
| I then grabbed ConfigurationOfCitezen, and was hung up by an
| unsatisfied dependence on SmaCC. The SmaCC runtime is in my RC1 image,
| but I don't know how/why it was loaded; presumably CZLoader did it.
|
| Are these bugs or features?  I am leaning toward bugs, but the
| question is whether any or all of the following appicable: (1)
| ConfigurationOfCitezen needs to load prerequisites; (2) Loader is in
| the wrong to not see them; (3) I need to add repositories to Loader;
| (4) various ConfigurationOf* packages need to be in the Metacello
| repository.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Bill

Re: RC3 - small stuff

Dale
Bill,

the "no matching versins" message means that there are no "stable" versions available, so the project is under development and is changing...

If you want to try it anyway ... it _is_ under active development.

You can load an explicit version using the loader ... look at the config and see what the version name is...

Dale
----- "Wilhelm K Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dale,
|
| Another project that Citezen might need is Rio.  It looks like Damien
| has been busy.  The ConfigurationOfCitezen is in the repository.  For
| fun, I tried
|
|   Gofer project load:'Citezen'
|
| and get an error "No versions matching version (latest)"  I am not
| sure whether this is something that I should stop nagging and let
| Damien fix, or if I'm not doing this correctly.
|
| Bill

| |
| | Some time ago, there was (I thought) a patch for saving workspace
| text
| | to a file; I had hoped to find that in 1.0, but it is not in RC3
| that
| | I can find.
| |
| | The first thing I did was load the Loader extensions to Gofer.  It
| | installed as expected.  I have not looked into the code, but tried
| | #search: and found things like Citezen and Rio missing.  That might
| be
| | "simply" because the Configuration* packages are not in the
| Metacello
| | repository??  If so, are they not there for a non-trivial reason?
| |
| | I then grabbed ConfigurationOfCitezen, and was hung up by an
| | unsatisfied dependence on SmaCC. The SmaCC runtime is in my RC1
| image,
| | but I don't know how/why it was loaded; presumably CZLoader did it.
| |
| | Are these bugs or features?  I am leaning toward bugs, but the
| | question is whether any or all of the following appicable: (1)
| | ConfigurationOfCitezen needs to load prerequisites; (2) Loader is in
|
| | the wrong to not see them; (3) I need to add repositories to
| Loader;
| | (4) various ConfigurationOf* packages need to be in the Metacello
| | repository.
| |
| | Any ideas?
| |