RE : Re: [amber-lang] [ANN] Amber now includes a REPL (cool!)

RE : Re: [amber-lang] [ANN] Amber now includes a REPL (cool!)

Nicolas Petton
Yep, the workspace is better.

Still, a Repl was clearly missing if you want to use amber outside of the web browser.

Cheers,
Nico

[hidden email] a écrit :

I wrote several nodejs examples all the way back at ESUG in fact. amberc in itself runs on node. So if you look at the examples directory you find several node examples. The REPL does not really give you anything new - except for playing/experimenting of course. But the workspace is better IMHO.

regards' Göran

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

On Oct 22, 2011 4:12 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good,

Amber will become a "regular" scripting language in addition to
"living" on the browser and having a command line compiler from amber
to Javascript!!

I did a amber.bat file (modeled) after server.bat for MSWindows

amber.bat contains

@cd "%~dp0\.."
@node ./repl/repl.js

then if I start I get
amber>>

What do I do next?

help

gives
nil

how do I get out again

exit
quit
end
do not work (adding a dot does not help).
and adding a self in front of it neither.

A little bit of documentation is needed ......

--Hannes

On 10/22/11, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just pushed a simple REPL written top of node.js.
> You can run it with:
>
> ./bin/amber
>
> The REPL is written in Amber, you can browse the code at repl/REPL.st
>
> Cheers,
> Nico

Re: RE : Re: [amber-lang] [ANN] Amber now includes a REPL (cool!)

gokr
Yeah. it is one of those "should haves" of course, didn't mean to be negative. Just surprised people seem to miss the examples directory. We should probably mention it better or something.

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!