REST approach?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list

Our app runs on Pharo and Gemstone and must continue to do so. We use Zinc and Seaside. We require credentialing.

What tools do people recommend using for setting up a REST server? Straight Zinc? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Cam

Re: REST approach?

S Krish

Seaside REST  / Teapot aka Sinatra from Ruby .... hope to push this framework further

Re: REST approach?

Olivier Auverlot
Zinc + Seaside REST is a very good solution that I use every days ;-)

Olivier

Seaside REST  / Teapot aka Sinatra from Ruby .... hope to push this framework further

Re: REST approach?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM, olivier auverlot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Zinc + Seaside REST is a very good solution that I use every days ;-)

Hi Olivier,

Is there some documentation, post or example about that?

Thanks,

Olivier

sebastianconcept@gmail.co

Date: February 4, 2015 at 2:05:21 AM GMT-2
From: Cameron Sanders <[hidden email]>
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Our app runs on Pharo and Gemstone and must continue to do so. We use Zinc and Seaside. We require credentialing.

What tools do people recommend using for setting up a REST server? Straight Zinc? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Cam

Hey Cam, flow[1] has a REST backend on Pharo based on just Zinc.

BTW there is an effort already on running flow on Gemstone so you can ask Dale about that

o/

Re: REST approach?

S Krish

http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/restful/getting-started

https://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=252&action=edit have now a small update that allows asynch calls ( MQ like.. ) and hope to fuse some part of this to Teapot to make it fully capable:  http://sparkjava.com/   .. if not more from Ruby Sinatra..