REST package question

BrunoBB
Hi all,

Which package should i download to work with REST services ?

MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Seaside-REST-Application/'
        user: ''
        password: ''

It has 3 packages, i'm sure i have to install Seaside-Rest-Core but
should i install Seaside-Core ?

What i'm trying to achieve is to process a XML string which is sent (POST/PUT) by a Java application.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST package question

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Which package should i download to work with REST services ?

Which version of Seaside do you use.

> MCHttpRepository
>         location: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Seaside-REST-Application/'
>         user: ''
>         password: ''
>
> It has 3 packages, i'm sure i have to install Seaside-Rest-Core but
> should i install Seaside-Core ?

Yes, you'll also need the Gemstone specific implementation packages and Grease.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Glass] REST package question

BrunoBB
Hi Philippe,

I'm using Seaside30 and GemStone 3.1.0.4.

Grease package it also installed.

In my gemstone i have Seaside-GemStone-Core installed.

So Seaside-Core it seems to me like a Pharo or Squeak package, not a GemStone one.

If Seaside30 and Grease is installed maybe with Seaside-Rest-Core it is enough.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST package question

Paul DeBruicker
Bruno,

For both this problem and your XMLSupport problem you should be using Metacello configurations to load the correct packages in the correct order into your system (GemStone or Pharo or Squeak)

Metacello configurations are created by the package maintainers and dictate the correct load order of the packages of interest and their dependencies.

Look for the ConfigurationOfSeasideRest package in this repository:

 MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'
        user: ''
        password: ''

It ought to have load directives for GemStone that will allow you to simply run:

ConfigurationOfSeasideRest load.

in a workspace.

Similarly for the XMLSupport problem find the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport package from this repository:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
    user: ''
    password: ''