RSA and cryptography

NorbertHartl
Is there anyone having crypto algorithms implemented or used a native lib to do so. We are using the Cryptography package and have problems. The code is quite old so we won’t spend time fixing it. We rather interface with a native lib. So I’m asking upfront

thanks,

Norbert

Re: RSA and cryptography

Holger Freyther

> On 23. Jan 2019, at 12:55, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi!

> Is there anyone having crypto algorithms implemented or used a native lib to do so. We are using the Cryptography package and have problems. The code is quite old so we won’t spend time fixing it. We rather interface with a native lib. So I’m asking upfront

is https://download.libsodium.org/doc/quickstart providing the functions you require? In the past I have used some of the Pharo/Squeak bindings for it.

holger

Re: RSA and cryptography

cedreek
Have you tried ParrotTalk ? But I think it depends on cryptography (?).

Maybe better would be NaCl bindings but havent tried and it seems quite old:
- https://www.samadhiweb.com/blog/2013.11.13.crypto.html

Hth,

Cédrick

> Le 23 janv. 2019 à 13:55, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Is there anyone having crypto algorithms implemented or used a native lib to do so. We are using the Cryptography package and have problems. The code is quite old so we won’t spend time fixing it. We rather interface with a native lib. So I’m asking upfront
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Re: RSA and cryptography

NorbertHartl

> Am 23.01.2019 um 13:58 schrieb Holger Freyther <[hidden email]>:
>

>> On 23. Jan 2019, at 12:55, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

> Hi!
>
>> Is there anyone having crypto algorithms implemented or used a native lib to do so. We are using the Cryptography package and have problems. The code is quite old so we won’t spend time fixing it. We rather interface with a native lib. So I’m asking upfront
>

> is https://download.libsodium.org/doc/quickstart providing the functions you require? In the past I have used some of the Pharo/Squeak bindings for it.

I don’t think so. We use RSA public key validation. It does not seem that libsodium supports that.

A binding to libcrypto would be best :)

Norbert

Re: RSA and cryptography

Pierce Ng-3
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 02:56:09PM +0100, Norbert Hartl wrote:
> I don’t think so. We use RSA public key validation. It does not seem
> that libsodium supports that.
>
> A binding to libcrypto would be best :)

Hi Norbert,

  https://github.com/PierceNg/OpenSSL-Pharo

To load:

  Metacello new
        baseline: 'OpenSSL';
        repository: 'github://PierceNg/OpenSSL-Pharo/src-st';
        load.

I'm writing a proper README.md. For now the unit tests show what's there
and how to use. For RSA, see LcEvpPublicKeyTest.

I started this with the goal of writing a Let's Encrypt client. That
goal is now dropped, as there are enough tools out there that make LE
integration easy. I'll wrap more of libcrypto as and when I need them.
Contributions welcome. :-)

Pierce

Re: RSA and cryptography

NorbertHartl

> Am 23.01.2019 um 17:49 schrieb Pierce Ng <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 02:56:09PM +0100, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> I don’t think so. We use RSA public key validation. It does not seem
>> that libsodium supports that.
>>
>> A binding to libcrypto would be best :)
>
> Hi Norbert,
>
>  https://github.com/PierceNg/OpenSSL-Pharo
>
> To load:
>
>  Metacello new
>    baseline: 'OpenSSL';
>    repository: 'github://PierceNg/OpenSSL-Pharo/src-st';
>    load.
>
> I'm writing a proper README.md. For now the unit tests show what's there
> and how to use. For RSA, see LcEvpPublicKeyTest.
>
> I started this with the goal of writing a Let's Encrypt client. That
> goal is now dropped, as there are enough tools out there that make LE
> integration easy. I'll wrap more of libcrypto as and when I need them.
> Contributions welcome. :-)

Great! Seems exactly what I was looking for. :) I‘ll get back to you when I had the chance to look at it.

Norbert