Rare behavior between Swazoo 1.0 and Swazoo 2.1 in Visualworks 7.5

Rare behavior between Swazoo 1.0 and Swazoo 2.1 in Visualworks 7.5

Lautaro Fernández
Hi list,
I'm running some test to work with a server inside a PDA. When I started to work whit Swazoo I tried several things under the 2.1 version of it. Now, I'd like to try Seaside but the pre requisites for Seaside+Swazoo is that the Swazoo version has to be 1.0.

The main problem is that the Swazoo version 1.0 doesn't run on the PDAs, and the problem is in the "SocketAccessor>>listenFor:" (part of the stack is at the bottom of this email, and the whole stack is attached). I know for sure that the parameter of "listenFor:" is an integer value (50 as default), so I really don't know why this error happen.

The rare thing about this is that neither Swazoo 1.0 or Swazoo 2.1 make changes in the SocketAccessor class, so the semantic (or syntax) is the same, but the behaviour isn't.

So, could anyone give me a hint about how to get this problem solved?

Partial stack:
Unhandled exception: 南䕁义䅖
SocketAccessor class(OSErrorHolder class)>>reportOn:
SocketAccessor(OSErrorHolder)>>reportError
SocketAccessor>>listenFor:
Swazoo.SwazooSocket>>listenFor:
Swazoo.HTTPServer>>start
[...]

Thanks and sorry for any inconveniences,
Lautaro Fernández

--
Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker

socket.doc (87K) Download Attachment

Re: Rare behavior between Swazoo 1.0 and Swazoo 2.1 in Visualworks 7.5

Janko Mivšek
Hi Lautaro,

There is too few info provided by your stack to judge what is wrong, but
if you managed to run 2.1, I don't see the reason why 1.0 shouldn't
work. What if you compare that part of the code from both versions and
try to guess the problem?

Other possibility is simply to port Seaside-Swazoo 2.1 adaptor from
Squeak to VW, it is quite simple and could be ported fast. And I'm sure
Philippe Marshal will help you if needed.

Best regards
Janko

Lautaro Fernández wrote:

> Hi list,
> I'm running some test to work with a server inside a PDA. When I started
> to work whit Swazoo I tried several things under the 2.1 version of it.
> Now, I'd like to try Seaside but the pre requisites for Seaside+Swazoo
> is that the Swazoo version has to be 1.0.
>
> The main problem is that the Swazoo version 1.0 doesn't run on the PDAs,
> and the problem is in the "SocketAccessor>>listenFor:" (part of the
> stack is at the bottom of this email, and the whole stack is attached).
> I know for sure that the parameter of "listenFor:" is an integer value
> (50 as default), so I really don't know why this error happen.
>
> The rare thing about this is that neither Swazoo 1.0 or Swazoo 2.1 make
> changes in the SocketAccessor class, so the semantic (or syntax) is the
> same, but the behaviour isn't.
>
> So, could anyone give me a hint about how to get this problem solved?
>
> Partial stack:
> Unhandled exception: 南䕁义䅖
> SocketAccessor class(OSErrorHolder class)>>reportOn:
> SocketAccessor(OSErrorHolder)>>reportError
> SocketAccessor>>listenFor:
> Swazoo.SwazooSocket>>listenFor:
> Swazoo.HTTPServer>>start
> [...]
>
> Thanks and sorry for any inconveniences,
> Lautaro Fernández
>
> --
> Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker

--
Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Rare behavior between Swazoo 1.0 and Swazoo 2.1 in Visualworks 7.5

Lautaro Fernández
Hi Janko, first of all sorry for this delayed answer.

2008/6/10 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
Hi Lautaro,

There is too few info provided by your stack to judge what is wrong, but
if you managed to run 2.1, I don't see the reason why 1.0 shouldn't
work. What if you compare that part of the code from both versions and
try to guess the problem?
It's the same code. The problem seems to be the SocketAccessor class in VW, but both Swazoo versions are loaded in the same image (by "same image" I mean in a clean VWnc 7.5 image each time).

Other possibility is simply to port Seaside-Swazoo 2.1 adaptor from
Squeak to VW, it is quite simple and could be ported fast. And I'm sure
Philippe Marshal will help you if needed.
At this moment I'm working to port Seaside to get it working on Swazoo 2.1.

Best regards
Janko
Thanks for your answer,
Lautaro Fernández