Raspberry Pi boot directly to eToys?

1 message Options

Raspberry Pi boot directly to eToys?

Charles Schultz
Good day,

First, let me say how I impressed with the various developement teams involved (RPi, Squeak, eToys, Scratch). You all are doing amazing work!

I have been googling and am attempting to learn how to boot the Raspberry Pi directly into eToys just like the option for booting directly into Scratch. Surely there is a relatively easy way to do this, but since eToys is not yet deployed on the stock Raspbian image, it does not yet look like it has the official support on the RPi install team. I am very thankful that installing eToys is as easy as "apt-get install etoys" - that is so totally awesome! Now, how to boot directly into eToys?

As an aside, any idea why eToys is filed under "non-free" extensions for RPi?

--
Charles Schultz