Raspbian stretch lite doesn't seem to have Squeak

Raspbian stretch lite doesn't seem to have Squeak

Louis LaBrunda
Hi,

The latest Raspbian stretch lite image (2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.img) doesn't seem to
have Squeak installed.  Is there an apt-get install I can run to load it?

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.

Re: Raspbian stretch lite doesn't seem to have Squeak

Herbert König
Hi Lou,

very old Raspbian had a VM installed but you always had to supply the rest.

Nowadays I download the Arm packages from Squeak.org. II know of 5.1 and
6.0.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 19.10.2017 um 16:23 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
> Hi,
>
> The latest Raspbian stretch lite image (2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.img) doesn't seem to
> have Squeak installed.  Is there an apt-get install I can run to load it?
>
> Lou

RES: Raspbian stretch lite doesn't seem to have Squeak

CdAB63

Enviada em: quinta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2017 12:27
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: [squeak-dev] Raspbian stretch lite doesn't seem to have Squeak

Hi Lou,

very old Raspbian had a VM installed but you always had to supply the rest.

Nowadays I download the Arm packages from Squeak.org. II know of 5.1 and 6.0.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 19.10.2017 um 16:23 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
> Hi,
>
> The latest Raspbian stretch lite image (2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.img) doesn't seem to
> have Squeak installed.  Is there an apt-get install I can run to load it?
>
> Lou

Re: Raspbian stretch lite doesn't seem to have Squeak

timrowledge

> On 19-10-2017, at 7:27 AM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Lou,
>
> very old Raspbian had a VM installed but you always had to supply the rest.
>
> Nowadays I download the Arm packages from Squeak.org. II know of 5.1 and 6.0.

As Herbert says, grab the package from squeak.org - the all-in-one works ok too. Last time I remember checking the apt-get of squeak was a disaster with a decade out of date system.

Raspbian lite is deliberately as minimal as the maintainer can make it. I guess as always the definition of ‘minimal’ is in the same realm as ‘good taste’.

tim
Strange OpCodes: AG: Add Gibberish