Rating component for Pier..

1 message Options

Rating component for Pier..

xekoukou
Hello fellows,

     I am an inexperienced programmer... and i would like to know if there is a component for pier with which you can rate the author of a page, or the content of a page. If there is no such thing , I would like to create one..

I have studied the Book about Seaside but i would like to have a small howto about how to embed such a component into Pier. As I studied Smalltalk in the summer , a long time ago, let me ask.

If i embed the component into the components page, would then pier allow me to use it in all other pages, through the browser?

what are the variables for the name of the author and the name of the page?
and how would i save that rating in compliance with the persistence method that pier uses..
Any more hints would be welcome..  (Math student).

I intend to use it to implement a trust metric similar to advocado.... so I would also have to create a component that gives an ordered list of pages based on that metric.

Another thing.... If any developer wants to implement this for me, I would be willing to pay... Contact me with offers..

By the way, I didnt really understand the power of Seaside until I used the Pier system.