Rational Rose OLE Automation problem

1 message Options

Rational Rose OLE Automation problem

John Whittaker-3
Hello Dolphiners,

It's been awhile since I've posted to this newsgroup.  That's a bit
sad because I think the Dolphin newsgroup is still one of the best in
the whole comp.lang.... hierarchy.  I also haven't been able to use
Dolphin as much because I've gotten so sick of Windows ME that I've
switched to Linux.  I've been trying to learn to use VW 5i4 NC on
Linux, but it's just harder to approach and the environment (IMHO) is
not as good as Dolphin. I now use Dolphin
mostly at work.

I've been attempting to use Dolphin to access the OLE Automation
facilities in Rational Rose but so far I've had only limited success.
I think my biggest hurdle is that I cannot get Dolphin to inspect any
of the IDispatch objects from Rose.  For some reason the type library
contents (?? I'm not sure if I got this right??) that make inspecting
other COM objects possible is missing from my Rose classes in Dolphin.
 I used the Active-X Component Wizard to generate the classes from the
Rose typelib file

For example, here's a walkback from trying to inspect an instance of
RationalRoseIRoseApplication:

TKindDispatchAnalyzer(Object) >>doesNotUnderstand
AXTypeInfoAnalyzer class>>onTypeInfo:
RationalRoseIRoseApplication(COMInterface)>>coclassTypeInfoIfNone
RationalRoseIRoseApplication(COMInterface)>>typeInfoIfNone:
[] in RationalRoseIRoseApplication(IDispatch)>>typeInfoIfNone:
RationalRoseIRoseApplication(IDispatch)>>getTypeInfo:ifNone:
RationalRoseIRoseApplication(IDispatch)>>typeInfoIfNone:
AXInspector>>getFieldList
AXInspector(Inspector)>>object:
AXInspector class(Inspector class)>>shellOn:
RationalRoseIRoseApplication(Object)>>inspect
SmalltalkWorkspace>>inspectIt.

Has anybody worked with Rose from Dolphin before?  Or  is there
something I could do to fill in the missing information?

TIA,

John Whittaker