Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Marcus Denker-4
Hello,

The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
orginal raw form:

 http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr

Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.

James will continue to post cleaned-up version for easy linking (and mp4 versions for
the phone) step by step every week. More infos: http://bit.ly/ch8Sxe

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Martin McClure-3
On 10/04/2010 11:21 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
> orginal raw form:
>
>   http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>
> Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.

This is great!

Are there links to actually download the video files instead of watching
them in the browser?

Regards,

-Martin

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Nicolas Petton
Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 12:35 -0700, Martin McClure a écrit :

> On 10/04/2010 11:21 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
> > orginal raw form:
> >
> >   http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
> >
> > Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.
>
> This is great!
>
> Are there links to actually download the video files instead of watching
> them in the browser?
Not at the moment, but I can add download links if you want.

Cheers,

Nicolas

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Philippe Marschall
2010/10/4 Martin McClure <[hidden email]>:

> On 10/04/2010 11:21 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
>> orginal raw form:
>>
>>  http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>>
>> Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.
>
> This is great!
>
> Are there links to actually download the video files instead of watching
> them in the browser?

I would welcome that too. And quite honestly I don't like to have to
wait until ESUG 2011 until the last video is online.

Cheers
Philippe

Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 22:28 +0200, Philippe Marschall a écrit :

> I would welcome that too.
Sure,I'll add download links.

> And quite honestly I don't like to have to
> wait until ESUG 2011 until the last video is online.

What do you mean? Are there missing videos?

Cheers,
Nicolas

On 10/04/2010 02:43 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 22:28 +0200, Philippe Marschall a écrit :
>>
>> I would welcome that too.
> Sure,I'll add download links.

Thanks!

-Martin

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

James Robertson-7
There are two reasons that I post weekly, instead of all at once:

-- experience with past postings has shown me that overall viewership is lower if they are all posted at once
-- I post to Vimeo, and there's a weekly bandwidth limit.  I couldn't post them all there at once if I wanted to :)

James Robertson
Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library

On Oct 4, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2010/10/4 Martin McClure <[hidden email]>:
>> On 10/04/2010 11:21 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
>>> orginal raw form:
>>>
>>>  http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>>>
>>> Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.
>>
>> This is great!
>>
>> Are there links to actually download the video files instead of watching
>> them in the browser?
>
> I would welcome that too. And quite honestly I don't like to have to
> wait until ESUG 2011 until the last video is online.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

jdelgado
Thanks a lot James for your work with the videos. We could not edit them at ESUG 2010
because we were really busy with a million other things. However, it is clear that the
videos need to be edited. The result is much better after your editing process.

Thus, I guess now we have the best of both worlds, isn't it? There is an ongoing process
of edition and publication, but the impatient ones can get them at once in its raw form.

Bests,

Jordi

> There are two reasons that I post weekly, instead of all at once:
>
> -- experience with past postings has shown me that overall viewership is lower if they are all posted at once
> -- I post to Vimeo, and there's a weekly bandwidth limit.  I couldn't post them all there at once if I wanted to :)
>
> James Robertson
> Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
> Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library
>

> On Oct 4, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> >> This is great!
> >>
> >> Are there links to actually download the video files instead of watching
> >> them in the browser?
> >
> > I would welcome that too. And quite honestly I don't like to have to
> > wait until ESUG 2011 until the last video is online.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philippe

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Travis Griggs-4

On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:58 PM, Jordi Delgado wrote:

> Thanks a lot James for your work with the videos. We could not edit
> them at ESUG 2010
> because we were really busy with a million other things. However, it
> is clear that the
> videos need to be edited. The result is much better after your
> editing process.
>
> Thus, I guess now we have the best of both worlds, isn't it? There
> is an ongoing process
> of edition and publication, but the impatient ones can get them at
> once in its raw form.

+11

--
Travis Griggs
[hidden email]

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Philippe Marschall
2010/10/4 Martin McClure <[hidden email]>:

> On 10/04/2010 11:21 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
>> orginal raw form:
>>
>>  http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>>
>> Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.
>
> This is great!
>
> Are there links to actually download the video files instead of watching
> them in the browser?

Look at the source, download, play with mplayer.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Yes!

2010/10/4 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
> orginal raw form:
>
>  http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>
> Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.
>
> James will continue to post cleaned-up version for easy linking (and mp4 versions for
> the phone) step by step every week. More infos: http://bit.ly/ch8Sxe

The last 10 minutes of Arden's talk seem to be missing. Otherwise the
directly downloading the files seems to work fine.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

James Robertson-7
When I release that one, it will have the entire thing.  I was using screencasting software to record the stream, so I have a backup.

On Oct 5, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2010/10/4 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
>> orginal raw form:
>>
>>  http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>>
>> Thanks to objectfusion.fr for hosting the 15GB of movies.
>>
>> James will continue to post cleaned-up version for easy linking (and mp4 versions for
>> the phone) step by step every week. More infos: http://bit.ly/ch8Sxe
>
> The last 10 minutes of Arden's talk seem to be missing. Otherwise the
> directly downloading the files seems to work fine.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

Reza Razavi
At 20:21 04/10/2010, Marcus Denker wrote:
>The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
>orginal raw form:
>
>   http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr

Great work, thanks all contributors!

IWST'2010 talks were also recorded, but I couldn't find them on the
above page.
Is there any plan to make them available on-line too?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback,
Reza

Re: Raw Videos ESUG 2010 available

jdelgado
Hi,

> At 20:21 04/10/2010, Marcus Denker wrote:
> >The videos of all the talks of ESUG 2010 are now available in the
> >orginal raw form:
> >
> >  http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr
>
> Great work, thanks all contributors!
>
> IWST'2010 talks were also recorded, but I couldn't find them on the
> above page.
> Is there any plan to make them available on-line too?

Yes, IWST was recorded but the sound was really bad. I don't know
why IWST is not on-line, but maybe is because of that.

Bests,

Jordi

Le mercredi 06 octobre 2010 à 08:43 +0200, Reza Razavi a écrit :
> IWST'2010 talks were also recorded, but I couldn't find them on the
> above page.
> Is there any plan to make them available on-line too?

Yes, I'll add them.

Cheers,
Nico

At 09:17 06/10/2010, Nicolas Petton wrote:
>Yes, I'll add them.

Well noted Nicolas and Jordi; many thanks for all your efforts!
Regards,
Reza