Re: [ANN] Cruiser: A Pharo app packager

philippe.back@highoctane.be
Vincent,

When it comes to UnifiedFFI what would be your advice to have it working?

I am using quite a few such calls.

Thx for this cool tool, I'll try it out this week end for sure!

Phil

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018, 20:30 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Pharoers!

I pleased to announce you the first release of Cruiser: a tool to package your Pharo applications. The idea is to quickly convert an application from a development environment to a production one. A production environment means:

  *   No writing on the disk
  *   No access to the source code (by the shortcuts, debugger,...)
  *   No error displaying on the interface
  *   The only thing accessible is the user application

I let you discover it on: https://github.com/VincentBlondeau/Cruiser

[cid:image002.png@01D3B6D0.B0BAA0B0]

Do not hesitate to ask me questions or contribute to improve it!

Cheers,

Vincent Blondeau
Software Engineer, Software and Controls | Global Product Group
Desk <a href="tel:%2B1%20510.572.7499" value="+15105727499">+1 510.572.7499

Lam Research Corporation
4650 Cushing Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538 USA | www.lamresearch.com
Connect with Lam Research: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LamResearchCorporation> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/lamresearch> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/lam-research>

________________________________

NOTICE: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.

Re: [ANN] Cruiser: A Pharo app packager

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Philippe,

On Mar 9, 2018, at 4:50 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Vincent,

When it comes to UnifiedFFI what would be your advice to have it working?

You will find that it will just work.  Vincent and I discussed how to eliminate the UFFI's dependency on the source files as he was developing Cruiser.  I think the solution is already released.

[...]

Denis Kudriashov
It was solved in this pull request  21124 ffi should work without the sources

[...]

Desk <a href="tel:%2B1%20510.572.7499" value="+15105727499" target="_blank">+1 510.572.7499

[...]

Vincent.Blondeau

Hi Phil!

Indeed! The UFFI is working without the sources. It is integrated in Cruiser as a parameter for deployment. You can activate or deactivate it at will:

Let us know if you encounter some issues with it!

Thanks!

Vincent

[<a href="cid:image002.png@01D3B6D0.B0BAA0B0">cid:image002.png@01D3B6D0.B0BAA0B0]

Do not hesitate to ask me questions or contribute to improve it!

Cheers,

Vincent Blondeau
Software Engineer, Software and Controls | Global Product Group
Desk <a href="tel:%2B1%20510.572.7499" target="_blank">+1 510.572.7499