Re: [ANN] PharoPro

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Norbert,

I would say 'finally'. This is great news and a good initiative. This will certainly help move Pharo forward. I wish you all the best.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

Re: [ANN] PharoPro

jtuchel
Norbert,

this is a great initiaitive and a much-needed step in the right
direction. An LTS Pharo is really a must for many commercial projects.
I wish you best of luck and success!

A little side note on the "Why PharoPro?" section on your website: The
commercial entity behind Ubuntu is Canonical. Ubuntu is the name of the
distribution and Canonical is the company. If you'd like to use an
analogy with European context, mentioning SuSE might be a nice addition.
Or NextCloud, which has a lot of visibility these days. Maybe adding a
few more examples is a good idea anyways in order to show the concept is
not new at all and has been successfull in many places - both for the
open source project and for the company/ies.

Joachim

Am 17.06.20 um 10:34 schrieb Norbert Hartl:

> Dear community,
>
> we are very proud to announce the availability of PharoPro, a company that offers professional support for the pharo platform. Our mission is to enable people and companies to secure their business when building products with pharo.
>
> We have been tinkering with the idea creating it for a long time. We talked to a lot of people, especially at last ESUG in cologne and finally decided to do it. So at the end of last year we founded the company PharoPro. Obstacles (one being covid-19) kept us from make it public until today.
>
> In close relationship with the pharo consortium our mission is to extend the market opportunities for pharo.
> Although PharoPro is new and still small we want to show our commitment to the consortium and the community from the start. We decided therefor that PharoPro will join the pharo consortium as platinum member.
>
> Our plans apart from support contracts is to have an LTS (long term support) version of pharo, create a professional pharo ecosystem with libraries and frameworks and to help out building the infrastructure pharo needs.
>
> We are still shaping up. We want to know your requirements and needs that help us deciding what are the most needed things. So you might visit
>
> http://pharo-pro.com
>
> and then come talk to us.
>
> Best regards and health,
>
> Norbert
> PharoPro GmbH

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:[hidden email]
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1

Re: [ANN] PharoPro

NorbertHartl

> Norbert,
>

> this is a great initiaitive and a much-needed step in the right direction. An LTS Pharo is really a must for many commercial projects.
> I wish you best of luck and success!

Thank you very much!

> A little side note on the "Why PharoPro?" section on your website: The commercial entity behind Ubuntu is Canonical. Ubuntu is the name of the distribution and Canonical is the company. If you'd like to use an analogy with European context, mentioning SuSE might be a nice addition. Or NextCloud, which has a lot of visibility these days. Maybe adding a few more examples is a good idea anyways in order to show the concept is not new at all and has been successfull in many places - both for the open source project and for the company/ies.

I know that Canonical Ltd. and Mark Shuttleworth are the names behind ubuntu. But sometimes the terms everyone knows are better to raise understanding than to use the correct ones. But yes, after the third person saying that I'll change the text.

Thanks for the feedback,

Norbert

> Joachim
>

> Am 17.06.20 um 10:34 schrieb Norbert Hartl:
>> Dear community,
>>
>> we are very proud to announce the availability of PharoPro, a company that offers professional support for the pharo platform. Our mission is to enable people and companies to secure their business when building products with pharo.
>>
>> We have been tinkering with the idea creating it for a long time. We talked to a lot of people, especially at last ESUG in cologne and finally decided to do it. So at the end of last year we founded the company PharoPro. Obstacles (one being covid-19) kept us from make it public until today.
>>
>> In close relationship with the pharo consortium our mission is to extend the market opportunities for pharo.
>> Although PharoPro is new and still small we want to show our commitment to the consortium and the community from the start. We decided therefor that PharoPro will join the pharo consortium as platinum member.
>>
>> Our plans apart from support contracts is to have an LTS (long term support) version of pharo, create a professional pharo ecosystem with libraries and frameworks and to help out building the infrastructure pharo needs.
>>
>> We are still shaping up. We want to know your requirements and needs that help us deciding what are the most needed things. So you might visit
>>
>> http://pharo-pro.com
>>
>> and then come talk to us.
>>
>> Best regards and health,
>>
>> Norbert
>> PharoPro GmbH

> Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:[hidden email]
> Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
> D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
> Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1

Re: [ANN] PharoPro

HilaireFernandes
Le 17/06/2020 à 10:34, Norbert Hartl a écrit :
> we are very proud to announce the availability of PharoPro, a company that offers professional support for the pharo platform. Our mission is to enable people and companies to secure their business when building products with pharo.

Congratulations!

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo