Re: About PRWidgets

Lukas Renggli-2
Hi Martial,

> I was a bit busy those days so I could sent this email before. I told
> you I got problems with the 'Magritted' PRWidgets. Actually what I
> would
> like to understand is why mightn't I write those lines (a bit
> incorrect
> because I should write a custom #initialize and #children:
>  WAComponent/PRWidget>>renderContentOn: html
> html render: (PRTreeWidget new)

this is Seaside code that will not work. You have to initialize your
child component in #initialize and store it into an i-var and return
it from #children.

Your code will re-instantiate the PRTreeWidget every time you display
the page and it will be impossible for Seaside to keep the state and
to perform the callbacks. Have a look in the Seaside mailing-list
archives.

Hope this helps,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About PRWidgets

Martial Boniou
Thank you Lukas but that was what I actually did. I detail here with
component has i-var:

MyWAComponent>>#initialize
        component ifNil: [component := PRTocWidget new]
MyWAComponent>>#children
        ^ Array with: component
MyWAComponent>>#renderContentOn: html
        html render: component

And it works well when it's PRTocWidget but not when this is
PRTreeWidget or any other PRWidget instances with class descriptions.

--
Martial

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 19:16 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Hi Martial,
>
> > I was a bit busy those days so I could sent this email before. I told
> > you I got problems with the 'Magritted' PRWidgets. Actually what I
> > would
> > like to understand is why mightn't I write those lines (a bit
> > incorrect
> > because I should write a custom #initialize and #children:
> >  WAComponent/PRWidget>>renderContentOn: html
> > html render: (PRTreeWidget new)
>
> this is Seaside code that will not work. You have to initialize your
> child component in #initialize and store it into an i-var and return
> it from #children.
>
> Your code will re-instantiate the PRTreeWidget every time you display
> the page and it will be impossible for Seaside to keep the state and
> to perform the callbacks. Have a look in the Seaside mailing-list
> archives.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Lukas

Re: About PRWidgets

Martial Boniou
Actually the properties dictionary doesn't get the MA*things. It's empty
so it bugs. I am not an expert so I don't know how to correct this yet.

--
Martial

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 20:03 +0200, Martial Boniou wrote:

> Thank you Lukas but that was what I actually did. I detail here with
> component has i-var:
>
> MyWAComponent>>#initialize
> component ifNil: [component := PRTocWidget new]
> MyWAComponent>>#children
> ^ Array with: component
> MyWAComponent>>#renderContentOn: html
> html render: component
>
> And it works well when it's PRTocWidget but not when this is
> PRTreeWidget or any other PRWidget instances with class descriptions.
>
> --
> Martial
>
> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 19:16 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> > Hi Martial,
> >
> > > I was a bit busy those days so I could sent this email before. I told
> > > you I got problems with the 'Magritted' PRWidgets. Actually what I
> > > would
> > > like to understand is why mightn't I write those lines (a bit
> > > incorrect
> > > because I should write a custom #initialize and #children:
> > >  WAComponent/PRWidget>>renderContentOn: html
> > > html render: (PRTreeWidget new)
> >
> > this is Seaside code that will not work. You have to initialize your
> > child component in #initialize and store it into an i-var and return
> > it from #children.
> >
> > Your code will re-instantiate the PRTreeWidget every time you display
> > the page and it will be impossible for Seaside to keep the state and
> > to perform the callbacks. Have a look in the Seaside mailing-list
> > archives.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Lukas

Re: About PRWidgets

Lukas Renggli-2
Ok, now I understand the problem. Try:

Name: Pier-All-lr.200
Author: lr
Time: 30 April 2007, 9:02:05 pm
UUID: 58d90935-160c-4b0b-b5e4-b9ebc5bc599f
Ancestors: Pier-All-lr.199
Dependencies: Pier-Model-lr.150, Pier-Tests-lr.69, Pier-Seaside-lr.
163, Pier-OmniBrowser-lr.24, Pier-Security-lr.80, Pier-Blog-lr.53

- fixed a bug where widgets were not initialized with default values
when being instantiated manually

Cheers,
Lukas

On 30 Apr 2007, at 20:48, Martial Boniou wrote:

> Actually the properties dictionary doesn't get the MA*things. It's
> empty
> so it bugs. I am not an expert so I don't know how to correct this
> yet.
>
> --
> Martial
>
> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 20:03 +0200, Martial Boniou wrote:
>> Thank you Lukas but that was what I actually did. I detail here with
>> component has i-var:
>>
>> MyWAComponent>>#initialize
>> component ifNil: [component := PRTocWidget new]
>> MyWAComponent>>#children
>> ^ Array with: component
>> MyWAComponent>>#renderContentOn: html
>> html render: component
>>
>> And it works well when it's PRTocWidget but not when this is
>> PRTreeWidget or any other PRWidget instances with class descriptions.
>>
>> --
>> Martial
>>
>> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 19:16 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>> Hi Martial,

>>> this is Seaside code that will not work. You have to initialize your
>>> child component in #initialize and store it into an i-var and return
>>> it from #children.
>>>
>>> Your code will re-instantiate the PRTreeWidget every time you
>>> display
>>> the page and it will be impossible for Seaside to keep the state and
>>> to perform the callbacks. Have a look in the Seaside mailing-list
>>> archives.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> Lukas

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About PRWidgets

Martial Boniou
Super! It works! Obvious indeed. Thanks a lot.

Greetings,

--
Martial