Re: ActiveTreeModel (Beta)

Eric Taylor
Hello Ian,

Thank you for the correction.  This is my first distribution, so I
figured there would be _some_ problems.  This evening I will review your
post further and see if I can create the package more cleanly.

Well, I took some lumps from Chris, but all in good spirit.  It looks
like I have some work to do.  Sorry if I disappoint.

I would most interested in your opinions as well.

Cheers,

Eric

install.

> As
> a rule I tend not to use this method as it means you have to manually
> recreate the package.
>
> --
> Ian
>
> Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).
> Mail sent to the From address is ignored.

Re: ActiveTreeModel (Beta)

Ian Bartholomew-21
Eric,

> Thank you for the correction.  This is my first distribution, so I
> figured there would be _some_ problems.  This evening I will review your
> post further and see if I can create the package more cleanly.

You did nothing wrong, it was just the extra formatting imposed by the email
program that disrupted the meaning of the file.  If anything it might point
at a slight weakness in Dolphin itself, but that is quite harsh as well -
why should Dolphin have to take account of external alterations to the file.

However, you might consider uploading files to some web space and just
posting a link in future.  This has the advantage of avoiding any problems
with formatting and, especially if (hopefully when) you start posting larger
packages, allows people with slower connections to avoid downloading
something they may not want.

> Well, I took some lumps from Chris, but all in good spirit.  It looks
> like I have some work to do.  Sorry if I disappoint.

Not in the slightest.  It's really good when somebody starts contributing -
at any level.  The fact that you are doing so, and in such a "professional"
way, after such a short time is really impressive.  I shudder to think of
the sort of thing I would have been posting a a few weeks after I started
learning Smalltalk.  Some might say I should still be shuddering now (nearly
20 years later!) :-)

> I would most interested in your opinions as well.

Chris is so much better at looking at code in an analytical way that I am,
in fact he's better than nearly everyone, so I doubt if there's a lot I can
add.  I will have a look when I get a chance.