Re: [Ann] Iceberg 0.7.5

NorbertHartl
Will it be too hard to do 6.2? I encourage the backport but it will break stuff which is also really annoying.

Norbert

Am 03.05.2018 um 17:16 schrieb Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>:

Time for the weekly Iceberg update.

Iceberg 0.7.5. will be in the next Pharo build.
Thanks to all brave users, issue reporters and contributors :).

Key improvements
 - Several improvements in metacello integration. (see #625, #664, #688 + more tests)
 - For those using CI, we think this release will also fix https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg/issues/643

Infrastructure improvements:
 - In 0.7.4 we introduced in the build tests againt pharo 6.1 and 64 bits
 - In 0.7.5 all iceberg tests run green on Pharo 6.1 32 bits
 - In the next release we plan to do a pass on 64 bits

** Pharo 6.1 backport **
 - We plan to backport this version to Pharo 6.1
 - Cyril has been using the development version of Iceberg on Pharo 6.1 for a couple of weeks now.
 - This plus the green CI encourages us to backport to Pharo 6.1

Detailed ChangesLog:

#625 Non explicit error while loading a project
#758 [Regression] Repair action clone is not setting pharo repository
#756 Iceberg dev-0.7 is broken in Pharo6.1 (Instance of IceTipURLLabelMorph did not understand #addEmphasis:)
#749 Adding repair actions to the code subdirectory missing problem
#655 Rename extension method buildToolbarItem of CommandActivator
#755 Extracting the URL label behavior as a component that we can reuse
#468 Commiting via Iceberg does not commit package removal
#750 Add possibility to see current commit in Repositories/Package view
#754 Showing and coping the Commit ID
#753 Create branch dialog layout is broken
#664 Package wrongly shown with "uncommited changes" status
#752 Add "invalid ssh"
#747 Cloning a Git repository should change the path with the project name.
#738 Remove "pharo" Repository with "also remove from filesystem" gives error
#746 Make tests run on pharo 6
#735 Issue while registering a new project on Pharo 6.1
#733 Add license file
#740 Fogbugz panel: Improve label, focus order and layout
#549 IceRestoreRepositoryModel should have a class comment
#688 Duplicated project error when loading in a fresh image

Enjoy,
Guille in behalf of all people that contributed :)

Re: [Ann] Iceberg 0.7.5

Guillermo Polito

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will it be too hard to do 6.2? I encourage the backport but it will break stuff which is also really annoying.

@esteban? :)

I'd really like to have that or a 6.1.1, a way to actually differentiate them...

#625 Non explicit error while loading a project
#758 [Regression] Repair action clone is not setting pharo repository
#756 Iceberg dev-0.7 is broken in Pharo6.1 (Instance of IceTipURLLabelMorph did not understand #addEmphasis:)
#749 Adding repair actions to the code subdirectory missing problem
#655 Rename extension method buildToolbarItem of CommandActivator
#755 Extracting the URL label behavior as a component that we can reuse
#468 Commiting via Iceberg does not commit package removal
#750 Add possibility to see current commit in Repositories/Package view
#754 Showing and coping the Commit ID
#753 Create branch dialog layout is broken
#664 Package wrongly shown with "uncommited changes" status
#752 Add "invalid ssh"
#747 Cloning a Git repository should change the path with the project name.
#738 Remove "pharo" Repository with "also remove from filesystem" gives error
#746 Make tests run on pharo 6
#735 Issue while registering a new project on Pharo 6.1
#733 Add license file
#740 Fogbugz panel: Improve label, focus order and layout
#549 IceRestoreRepositoryModel should have a class comment
#688 Duplicated project error when loading in a fresh image

Enjoy,
Guille in behalf of all people that contributed :)

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: [Ann] Iceberg 0.7.5

CyrilFerlicot
On 03/05/2018 17:16, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Time for the weekly Iceberg update.
>
> Iceberg 0.7.5. will be in the next Pharo build.
> Thanks to all brave users, issue reporters and contributors :).
>
> Key improvements:
>  - Several improvements in metacello integration. (see #625, #664, #688
> + more tests)
>  - For those using CI, we think this release will also
> fix https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg/issues/643
>
> Infrastructure improvements:
>  - In 0.7.4 we introduced in the build tests againt pharo 6.1 and 64 bits
>    * https://travis-ci.org/pharo-vcs/iceberg/builds/372408795
>  - In 0.7.5 all iceberg tests run green on Pharo 6.1 32 bits
>    * https://travis-ci.org/pharo-vcs/iceberg/builds/374433920
>  - In the next release we plan to do a pass on 64 bits
>
> ** Pharo 6.1 backport **
>  - We plan to backport this version to Pharo 6.1
>  - Cyril has been using the development version of Iceberg on Pharo 6.1
> for a couple of weeks now.
>  - This plus the green CI encourages us to backport to Pharo 6.1
>
> Detailed ChangesLog:
>
> #625 Non explicit error while loading a project
> #758 [Regression] Repair action clone is not setting pharo repository
> #756 Iceberg dev-0.7 is broken in Pharo6.1 (Instance of
> IceTipURLLabelMorph did not understand #addEmphasis:)
> #749 Adding repair actions to the code subdirectory missing problem
> #655 Rename extension method buildToolbarItem of CommandActivator
> #755 Extracting the URL label behavior as a component that we can reuse
> #468 Commiting via Iceberg does not commit package removal
> #750 Add possibility to see current commit in Repositories/Package view
> #754 Showing and coping the Commit ID
> #753 Create branch dialog layout is broken
> #664 Package wrongly shown with "uncommited changes" status
> #752 Add "invalid ssh"
> #747 Cloning a Git repository should change the path with the project name.
> #738 Remove "pharo" Repository with "also remove from filesystem" gives
> error
> #746 Make tests run on pharo 6
> #735 Issue while registering a new project on Pharo 6.1
> #733 Add license file
> #740 Fogbugz panel: Improve label, focus order and layout
> #549 IceRestoreRepositoryModel should have a class comment
> #688 Duplicated project error when loading in a fresh image
>
> Enjoy,
> Guille in behalf of all people that contributed :)

Hi,

With this integration, SmalltalkCI for Pharo 7 is green again.

https://travis-ci.org/TelescopeSt/Telescope/jobs/373994423

Thank you

--
Cyril Ferlicot