Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Chun, Sungjin
Only for VW? not for squeaak, right?

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

santiago robles
Hello,
Thanks for your answers. I am one of the people who made Meteoroid.
Yes, it is for VisualWorks only. For the moment, we are not going to make a port to Squeak, because we are focussed on adding a layer which will bind ValueModels and HTML widgets to abstract more the idea of Comet.
Maybe, if we finish this layer quickly we will make a port to Squeak/Pharo + Swazoo. We can also help others to port it into Squeak if somebody is interested. We think that port it to Squeak/Pharo + Swazoo will not be very difficult, except for the Announcement part because we have to select an Announcement implementation for Squeak/Pharo (and we do not know which is "the right one").
Cheers,
Santiago Robles

2009/5/21 "S.J.Chun" <[hidden email]>
Only for VW? not for squeaak, right?

RE: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Sebastian Sastre-2
I'm using and like this one:
cheers,
sebastian

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

santiago robles
Thanks for your reply. I tried to see the page of the port you send to us but the link goes to SqueakSource's home. Was http://www.squeaksource.com/AXAnnouncements.html the one you sent? if it isn't, could you send us the link, or the name again, please?
Thanks!

2009/5/21 Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>
I'm using and like this one:
cheers,
sebastian

RE: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Sebastian Sastre-2
Ah, yeah this is the one I've meant:
sebastian

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Bernat Romagosa
Amazing stuff!! o_O'

Can you point some possible practical uses of this technology? I can't think of anything else than distance learning and demos, but I'm sure you could do lots of impressive things with a bit of imagination!

Bernat.

--
O HAI I'M IN UR FOOTER SIGNATURING UR MAILZ

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Andrey Larionov
Can you export sources from STORE and put in some place for interested
in porting parties?
Thanks.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 17:09, santiago robles<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Thanks for your answers. I am one of the people who made Meteoroid.
> Yes, it is for VisualWorks only. For the moment, we are not going to make a
> port to Squeak, because we are focussed on adding a layer which will bind
> ValueModels and HTML widgets to abstract more the idea of Comet.
> Maybe, if we finish this layer quickly we will make a port to Squeak/Pharo +
> Swazoo. We can also help others to port it into Squeak if somebody is
> interested. We think that port it to Squeak/Pharo + Swazoo will not be very
> difficult, except for the Announcement part because we have to select an
> Announcement implementation for Squeak/Pharo (and we do not know which is
> "the right one").
> Cheers,
> Santiago Robles
>
> 2009/5/21 "S.J.Chun" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Only for VW? not for squeaak, right?

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Chun, Sungjin
Me too. :-)

On Jun 25, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Andrey Larionov wrote:

> Can you export sources from STORE and put in some place for interested
> in porting parties?
> Thanks.
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 17:09, santiago
> robles<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Thanks for your answers. I am one of the people who made Meteoroid.
>> Yes, it is for VisualWorks only. For the moment, we are not going
>> to make a
>> port to Squeak, because we are focussed on adding a layer which
>> will bind
>> ValueModels and HTML widgets to abstract more the idea of Comet.
>> Maybe, if we finish this layer quickly we will make a port to
>> Squeak/Pharo +
>> Swazoo. We can also help others to port it into Squeak if somebody is
>> interested. We think that port it to Squeak/Pharo + Swazoo will
>> not be very
>> difficult, except for the Announcement part because we have to
>> select an
>> Announcement implementation for Squeak/Pharo (and we do not know
>> which is
>> "the right one").
>> Cheers,
>> Santiago Robles
>>
>> 2009/5/21 "S.J.Chun" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Only for VW? not for squeaak, right?

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

santiago robles
Hello, we are working on a new version of Meteoroid which includes more tests, more fancy examples and some bug fixes.
Besides that, I am working on a port to Squeak/Pharo. Currently, it works on Seaside2.8 with Swazoo2.1, but there are some problems to fix yet. I am doing it in my free time so I will finish it in a few weeks, but any help is more than welcome.

Taking advantage this mail, I have some questions that can help me to do it quicker.
1)I am interested on making the port to the same versions of Swazoo (version 2.2) and Seaside (version 2.8), that are the same versions that we use in the Meteoroid VW version. Is there any Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo for Swazoo2.2 and Seaside2.8? because I couldn't find it, the ones I found were for Seaside2.9 and Swazoo2.2.
2)Anyone knows if is there any ValueModel port for Squeak or Pharo?

I hope my answer fill your expectations.

Santiago Robles