Re: [Ann] Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 configuraton available

Re: [Ann] Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 configuraton available

Andreas.Raab
On 7/29/2010 5:23 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Picked up all of the recent updates as of this afternoon.
>
> Loaded and tested on the following three platforms:
>
> GemStone 2.4.4.1:
> 1539 run, 1536 passes, 3 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors
> Pharo 1.1:
> 1618 run, 1616 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors
> Squeak 4.1:
> 1585 run, 1581 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 2 errors
>
> ConfigurationOfSeaside coming soon...

Very nice. Regarding the 2 errors in Squeak, these are the result of an
arguably incorrect usage of EllipseMorph in WAPharoMimeDocumentTest
which uses #extent: with an integer argument. This happens to work by
random chance in Pharo but not in later Squeak versions (but if you
replace EllipseMorph with, say, CircleMorph it fails in both). Since I
don't think the test is intended to ensure that EllipseMorph>>extent:
can (or should) be used with integer arguments, I think that's a bug in
the test.

Where does one report/file such issues?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [Ann] Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 configuraton available

Philippe Marschall
2010/7/30 Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>:

> On 7/29/2010 5:23 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>
>> Picked up all of the recent updates as of this afternoon.
>>
>> Loaded and tested on the following three platforms:
>>
>> GemStone 2.4.4.1:
>> 1539 run, 1536 passes, 3 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors
>> Pharo 1.1:
>> 1618 run, 1616 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors
>> Squeak 4.1:
>> 1585 run, 1581 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 2 errors
>>
>> ConfigurationOfSeaside coming soon...
>
> Very nice. Regarding the 2 errors in Squeak, these are the result of an
> arguably incorrect usage of EllipseMorph in WAPharoMimeDocumentTest which
> uses #extent: with an integer argument. This happens to work by random
> chance in Pharo but not in later Squeak versions (but if you replace
> EllipseMorph with, say, CircleMorph it fails in both). Since I don't think
> the test is intended to ensure that EllipseMorph>>extent: can (or should) be
> used with integer arguments, I think that's a bug in the test.

I gave it a Point, can you load Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core-pmm.13 and
see if that fixes it?

> Where does one report/file such issues?

In the bug tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/list

Cheers
Philippe

On 7/29/2010 9:48 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2010/7/30 Andreas Raab<[hidden email]>:
>> Very nice. Regarding the 2 errors in Squeak, these are the result of an
>> arguably incorrect usage of EllipseMorph in WAPharoMimeDocumentTest which
>> uses #extent: with an integer argument. This happens to work by random
>> chance in Pharo but not in later Squeak versions (but if you replace
>> EllipseMorph with, say, CircleMorph it fails in both). Since I don't think
>> the test is intended to ensure that EllipseMorph>>extent: can (or should) be
>> used with integer arguments, I think that's a bug in the test.
>
> I gave it a Point, can you load Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core-pmm.13 and
> see if that fixes it?

Works great, thanks for fixing.

>> Where does one report/file such issues?
>
> In the bug tracker:
> http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/list

Will do in the future. BTW, while playing with setting up Seaside using
WebServer and SqueakSSL I ran into two interesting issues that I was
wondering if someone could shed some light on or has any ideas on how to
address:

* Configuring server adapters: I couldn't find a straightforward way to
add custom configuration options for a particular server adapter (in
this case it would be to enable / disable SSL support, select a cert
etc). Is there a good way to do that?

* "Mixed" content on the Welcome page: When I set up Seaside to run as
secure site I'm noticing that Firefox complains about "partial
encryption". I *suspect* that's because the jquery scripts are linked
via http instead of https; is there an easy way to change that via some
config option?

Cheers,
   - Andreas