Re: Borked unix displaying in vm3692 (wasRe: [squeak-dev] International text input on X11)

1 message Options

Re: Borked unix displaying in vm3692 (wasRe: [squeak-dev] International text input on X11)

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Tim, Hi Yoshiki,

    we made some changes to register allocation in recent weeks and we've broken register saving from machine-code to run-time callouts on ARM.  It shows up in the simulator and I'm looking at it now.  I suspect VMMaker.oscog-eem.1756.  Anyway, apologies, and I'm trying to fix it now.  The symptom is that the first assert in the following fails when generating the run-time trampoline calls at start-up:

CogARMCompiler>>genSaveRegs: regMask
"Save the registers in regMask for a call into the C run-time from a trampoline.
Save none, because the ARM ABI only defines callee saved registers, no caller-saved regs.
But for the future..."
self assert: regMask = 0.
self deny: (regMask anyMask: (cogit registerMaskFor: SP and: FPReg and: LR and: PC)).
R12 to: R0 by: -1 do:
[:reg|
(regMask anyMask: (cogit registerMaskFor: reg)) ifTrue:
[cogit PushR: reg]].
^0

I should have it fixed quickly.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 11:53 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09-05-2016, at 11:24 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 09-05-2016, at 11:16 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 09-05-2016, at 11:05 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> An svn diff -r 3663:3692 in platforms/unix shows only some (to me) innocuous changes in vm/aio.c
>>>
>>> More unixy expertise required to say if that has anything to do with it.
>>
>> Building with the older version makes no difference for me. Let’s try an older tree.
>
> 3680 fails, let’s try 3670

Per the X11 input thread for those not paying attention to everything, 3671 is the last one I can get a display displaying on a Pi.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 6) "Our competitors are without honor!"

--
best, Eliot