Re: Call for ESUG 2013 presentations

1 message Options

Re: Call for ESUG 2013 presentations

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Please distribute as widely as possible :)

21st International Smalltalk Joint Conference - Call for Contributions

 Annecy, France
  from 9 to 13 September 2013
  http://www.esug.org/conferences/2013/

 This call includes:
 Developer Forum
 Smalltalk Technology Award
 International Workshop
           http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2013/InternationalWorkshop
 Student Volunteer
           http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2013/StudentVolunteers
 Camp Smalltalk 8 September 2013

 For the past 21 years, the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) has
 organised the International Smalltalk Conference, a lively forum on
 cutting edge software technologies that attract people from both
 academia and industry for a whole week. The attendees are both
 engineers using Smalltalk in business and students and teachers
 using Smalltalk both for research and didactic purposes.

 As every year, this year's edition of the largest European Smalltalk
 event will include the regular Smalltalk developers conference with
 renowned invited speakers, a Smalltalk camp that proves fruitful for
 interactions and discussions. This year will be held the
 9th edition of the Innovation Technology Awards where prizes will be
 awarded to authors of best pieces of Smalltalk-related projects
 and an international workshop on Smalltalk and dynamic languages
 (http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2013/InternationalWorkshop)

 You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:

 * Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at
         http://www.esug.org/supportesug/becomeasponsor/
 * Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See below.
 * Attend the conference. We'd like to beat the previous record of
         attendance (170 people at Amsterdam 2008)!
 * Students can get free registration and hosting if they enrol
  into the the Student Volunteers program. See below.

 Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference

 We are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. You will have
 30 min for presentations and 45 min for hand-ons tutorial.

 The list of topics for the normal talks and tutorials includes, but
 is not limited to the following:

 * XP practices,  Development tools,  Experience reports
 * Model driven development,  Web development, Team management
 * Meta-Modeling,  Security,  New libraries & frameworks
 * Educational material,  Embedded systems and robotics
 * SOA and Web services,  Interaction with other programming languages

           Teaching Pearls
           ---------------
           New this year!!!
                We want two news types of sessions in addition to default talk and
                show us your projects sessions.

                - Show your business 10 min session (Get prepared!!)
                - Teaching pearls : we want some session on how to teach some design
          aspects. We want your tip and tricks to teach Smalltalk or OOP.

                We expect to have several 10 to 15 min sessions aggregated.

           Open Forum: starting with Smalltalk
           New this year!!
           The event will be held at IAE Savoie Mont-Blanc - University of Savoie.
           This is an opportunity for students and local professionals to discover Smalltalk.
           A room will be freely accessible and we would like to propose some talks and workshop
           for Smalltalk beginners.

                The list of topics includes, but is not limited to the following:
                        - Why Smalltalk ?
                        - Panorama of Smalltalk solutions
                        - Getting started with Smalltalk
                        - Success stories

 How to submit?
 --------------

 Submissions due on 15st June 2013
 Notification of acceptance will be on done on the fly.
 More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2013

 Pay attention: the places are limited so do not wait till the last
 minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit a request to
 [hidden email] AND USE THE following header [ESUG 2013 Developers].

 Please follow the template below the email will be automatically processed!

 Subject: [ESUG 2013 Developers] + your name
 First Name:
 Last Name:
 Email where you can always be reached:
 Title:
 Type: Tutorial/Talk/Teaching Pearl/OpenForum
 Abstract:
 Bio:

Any presentation not respecting this form will be discarded automatically

 International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies
 http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2013/InternationalWorkshop

 Smalltalk is  considered as a design pearl and as a beacon in the
 realm of programming languages and programming environments. We are
 proud to invite submissions to the  International Workshop on
 Smalltalk Technologies which is held as part of the ESUG 2013 joint
 event.  The goals of the workshop is to create a forum around
 advances or experience in Smalltalk. We welcome contributions on all
 aspects, theoretical as well as practical, of Smalltalk related
 topics such as

    - aspect-oriented programming, meta-programming,
           - frameworks, interaction with other languages,
           - implementation,
           - new dialects or languages implemented in Smalltalk, tools,
           - meta-modeling, design patterns, experience reports

 Technology Award Competition
 The top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive,
 respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards
 ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based
 software are welcome to compete.
 More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2013/

 Student Volunteer Program
 If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered
 being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the
 conference running smoothly; in return, they have free
 accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the
 conference.
 More information at
           http://www.esug.org/conferences/2013
           http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2013/StudentVolunteers

 We hope to see you there and have fun together.

Sean