Re: Couldn't install GST 3.0.4 on Windows

Re: Couldn't install GST 3.0.4 on Windows

Cesar Rabak-3
>  Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:13:07 +0000 (UTC)
>  From: Canol Gokel <[hidden email]>
>  Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Couldn't install GST 3.0.4 on Windows
>  To: [hidden email]
>
>  Hello,
>
>  Yesterday I tried to compile GST 3.0.4 on Windows with the prefix thing but on
>  installation phaze I got error. I executed these commands:
>
>  $ ./configure
>  --prefix=/small1
>  --bindir=/small1
>  --libdir=/small1
>  --with-moduledir=/small1/lib/smalltalk
>  --with-tcl=/home/Canol/tcl8.4.19/win
>  --with-tk=/home/Canol/tk8.4.19/win
>
>  $ make
>
>  $ make install DESTDIR=`pwd`
>
>  It is compiled, but during the installation I get an error. Because I couldn't
>  copy the ouput I took a screenshot:
>
>  http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hatagstux9.jpg

It appears the path generated for the mkdir command was suffixed with
an extraneous "C:". Right?

Re: Re: Couldn't install GST 3.0.4 on Windows

Paolo Bonzini-2

> It appears the path generated for the mkdir command was suffixed with
> an extraneous "C:". Right?

Yes, I answered with a patch that would provide debug output, which in
turn would allow me to get a testcase.  Can you try that?  (sorry I
don't have the URL at hand for my answer).

Anyway, I would be more interested in 3.0c results.

Paolo

2008/9/7, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]>:

>  > It appears the path generated for the mkdir command was suffixed with
>  > an extraneous "C:". Right?
>

> Yes, I answered with a patch that would provide debug output, which in
>  turn would allow me to get a testcase.  Can you try that?  (sorry I
>  don't have the URL at hand for my answer).
>
>  Anyway, I would be more interested in 3.0c results.

Hi  Paolo,

I will be able to try only in the weekend as I'm working offsite (with
a very slow laptop :-| ).

I'll try the 3.0c then and report back.