Re: Counter problem - Seaside vs. Aida

cedreek
> > I have 2 problems with Nico counter(s) implementation.
>  >
>  > (1) On mutli counter, clicking on a link make it disappear.
>
> Does it happens on the multi-counter on my site ?

yep, but it's solved... session timeout ?

>  > (2) Also, back button is accessible (simple counter) but instead of
>  > going back, it reproduces the last action.
>
> Using links instead of buttons will solve this problem.

yep but I'd like buttons to work too :)

> Can you explain a bit more please ?

I may have dreamed it :) It seemed to me back boutton was bringing me
back before I use the counter

> > To test the counter. Hit ++  then refresh. Each refresh increments the
>  > counter. Can you change this behavior ?
>
> Same thing here, use links.

still this is not a solution ;)

>  Nico
>  >
>  >
>  > Cédrick

Re: Counter problem - Seaside vs. Aida

Nicolas Petton

Le lundi 31 mars 2008 à 21:00 +0200, cdrick a écrit :
> > > I have 2 problems with Nico counter(s) implementation.
> >  >
> >  > (1) On mutli counter, clicking on a link make it disappear.
> >
> > Does it happens on the multi-counter on my site ?
>
> yep, but it's solved... session timeout ?
I stopped Swazoo for...10 seconds. Maybe you tried it at this moment.

> >  > (2) Also, back button is accessible (simple counter) but instead of
> >  > going back, it reproduces the last action.
> >
> > Using links instead of buttons will solve this problem.
>
> yep but I'd like buttons to work too :)
The easiest way it to use the ajaxified counter with buttons (replace
links with buttons), then buttons will work as you expect, for both
single and multi-counters.

Cheers!

Nico

> > Can you explain a bit more please ?
>
> I may have dreamed it :) It seemed to me back boutton was bringing me
> back before I use the counter
>

> > > To test the counter. Hit ++  then refresh. Each refresh increments the
> >  > counter. Can you change this behavior ?
> >
> > Same thing here, use links.
>
> still this is not a solution ;)
>

> >  Nico
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > Cédrick

Re: Counter problem - Seaside vs. Aida

cedreek
>  > yep but I'd like buttons to work too :)
>
> The easiest way it to use the ajaxified counter with buttons (replace
>  links with buttons), then buttons will work as you expect, for both
>  single and multi-counters.

Yes, I agree, but this is a limitation. But I'm still in the process
of reviewing framework capabilities.

You can test here with seaside:
http://www.squeakside.com/seaside/exxx, then hit the flow tab.

Second link defines a flow with button and is working properly. You
can test refresh, back button etc... (don't hit too much, I'm serving
a small site from there ;) )

I think this is probably the seaside advantage here. I agree you don't
torture test app everyday but ...

Could you imagine treating POST method as redirect as seaside do ?
Maybe this would remove this limit (don't know though if it's possible
without continuation stuff...)

Cédrick