Re: Curious

Herby Vojčík

Tom Sturgeon wrote:
> Amber seems like another good approach to working with Pharo in a mobile
> environment.

Not sure what you mean by "working with Pharo" as Amber is a different
(though regarding Pharo as reference) Smalltalk dialect.

There was a Tidy project which aimed to bridge the two (having Amber
frontend and Pharo backend), but it is old and needs updating; there was
a try just a few weeks ago, though it seemed to have stalled.

Herby

> Has anyone made a substantal, production-like demo of an app?

Re: Curious

Siemen Baader
I think smalltalkhub runs amber and Pharo. I built a larger scale client - server research app with amber four years ago which I could dig up.

-- Siemen

Sent from my iPhone

> On 17 Apr 2018, at 14.53, Herbert Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Tom Sturgeon wrote:
>> Amber seems like another good approach to working with Pharo in a mobile
>> environment.
>
> Not sure what you mean by "working with Pharo" as Amber is a different (though regarding Pharo as reference) Smalltalk dialect.
>
> There was a Tidy project which aimed to bridge the two (having Amber frontend and Pharo backend), but it is old and needs updating; there was a try just a few weeks ago, though it seemed to have stalled.
>
> Herby
>
>> Has anyone made a substantal, production-like demo of an app?

Re: Curious

Herby Vojčík

Siemen Baader wrote:
> I think smalltalkhub runs amber and Pharo. I built a larger scale client - server research app with amber four years ago which I could dig up.

SmalltalkHUb runs such an old version of Amber that it sort-of only
counts as half. :-)

It would be nice to have modern client-server pairing (there were ppl
who tried to revive Tide but it seems stalled).

Herby