Re: Deloying on Windwos IIS

1 message Options

Re: Deloying on Windwos IIS

Herby Vojčík
On 8. 6. 2019 17:52, RichardR wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've upgraded my Amber app to version 0.23.

There's 0.24.0 out there already.

> Ik works fine on the local filesystem and through the amber web server.
>
> It also used to work on Windows 10 IIS, just serving the .js files.
> I would copy the entire development folder to IIS and would also be able
> to start up the classic IDE.
> Being able to start the IDE is an essential requirement, for education.
> .
> But now, when starting on IIS, some somewhere deep in 'amber
> initialize', somthing failes and my application is never started.
> That's probably because it thinks it's running on an amber web server
> when it's not.

It does not matter whether IIS or not, any server goes _to load the files_.

To save the files, PUT requests must save the files in the underlying
store, which is only thing which `amber serve` really adds to stock
servers (ranging from IIS to just `python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000`
one-liner).

"Something fails" is too broad. Do you have any details about the error
(browser JS console should allow you to see the errors / expand the
stack / click on it to show where it failed in source)?

Herby

> Does anyone know how to make it work?
Actually, on the website (amber-lang.net) there is only legacy IDE, no
helios. But it is deployed in development mode there (and served with
nginx so no saving), and it loads fine. Same for "interactive tutorial"
subpage.

> Cheers,
> Richard

Herby