Re: FW: 7.4.1 jun06.1 now available - uploads complete

1 message Options

Re: FW: 7.4.1 jun06.1 now available - uploads complete

James Robertson-3
Yes, it's automated.  However, the people writing the automation scripts
are not perfect, and those scripts require maintenance, like anything else.

At 10:20 AM 6/7/2006, you wrote:

>I seem to see e-mail about packaging / delivery mess-ups like this on almost
>every release.  To be honest, I don't understand why this *ever* happens.
>Isn't all the building and packaging -- and, for that matter, regression
>testing -- for releases done by completely automated scripts designed to
>test for, and be robust in the face of, failures at every step, or at least
>to report them thoroughly and stop cleanly if they occur?  Or is part of the
>problem that VW, unlike *all* other programming environments that I know,
>cannot be scripted from other languages?  Or can it, and I just don't
>remember how?
>
>--
>
>L. Peter Deutsch <[hidden email]> :: Aladdin Enterprises :: Menlo Park, CA
>
>          Was your vote really counted?  http://www.verifiedvoting.org

James Robertson, Product Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView