Re: Fuel fails in squeak

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi Henry
I do not think that Fuel is managed from SqueakSource.
Fuel is central to Pharo so it should be under Pharo..
Have a look at the repo associated with the fuel package in Pharo 60
for example.

Sent from a phone that is not trendy

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM, henry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loaded the latest Fuel from squeak source and it fails when materializing
> a Character from a FixedObjectCluster. Character class does not support
> basicNew.
>
> Helpful>??
>
> - HH

Re: Fuel fails in squeak

henry
Alright, thank you, I will investigate. I attempted to create a SmalltalkHub account but I am unable to create a project. I am slightly overwhelmed at the fractious nature of repositories, between and within Squeak & Pharo, and also encoder serializations. I hope for reconsolidation.

- HH

Hi Henry I do not think that Fuel is managed from SqueakSource. Fuel is central to Pharo so it should be under Pharo.. Have a look at the repo associated with the fuel package in Pharo 60 for example. Sent from a phone that is not trendy On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM, henry wrote: > I loaded the latest Fuel from squeak source and it fails when materializing > a Character from a FixedObjectCluster. Character class does not support > basicNew. > > Helpful>?? > > - HH > >

Re: Fuel fails in squeak

Stephane Ducasse-3
I checked and in Pharo 60

MCSmalltalkhubRepository
   owner: 'Pharo'
   project: 'Fuel'
   user: ''
   password: ''

Now Fuel is by default loaded into Pharo so may be you have another scenario.

Stef

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM, henry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loaded the latest Fuel from squeak source and it fails when materializing
> a Character from a FixedObjectCluster. Character class does not support
> basicNew.
>
> Helpful>??
>
> - HH

Re: Fuel fails in squeak

henry
I am coding in Squeak as I am unable to load in Pharo, as previously mentioned. I will investigate Fuel versions, thank you.

- HH

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 13:36, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I checked and in Pharo 60 MCSmalltalkhubRepository owner: 'Pharo' project: 'Fuel' user: '' password: '' Now Fuel is by default loaded into Pharo so may be you have another scenario. Stef On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM, henry wrote: > I loaded the latest Fuel from squeak source and it fails when materializing > a Character from a FixedObjectCluster. Character class does not support > basicNew. > > Helpful>?? > > - HH > >