Re: Gmail not playing nice with Google Groups?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Seth Berman
Hi Richard,

I've received one or two of these in the past month.
I'm not sure what it relates to or under what conditions it will flag the message (i.e. messages with certain urls in the content).
The configuration of the groups has remained the same so I don't think its that.
I suspect some new gmail countermeasure that have released.
I see reference to this issue on the web, but its not clear to me what to do about it.

- Seth

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:44:20 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:
I just posted a reply in this forum and in the email Google Groups sent me, Gmail showed the following warning, in addition to the actual message.

NotPlayingNice.png

I don't know if this indicates a configuration problem for the forum or if it's just another case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
This is just a test message to see if it will show the warning in my gmail inbox.

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 3:30:33 PM UTC-5, Seth Berman wrote:
Hi Richard,

I'm not sure what it relates to or under what conditions it will flag the message (i.e. messages with certain urls in the content).
The configuration of the groups has remained the same so I don't think its that.
I see reference to this issue on the web, but its not clear to me what to do about it.

- Seth

I just posted a reply in this forum and in the email Google Groups sent me, Gmail showed the following warning, in addition to the actual message.

NotPlayingNice.png

I don't know if this indicates a configuration problem for the forum or if it's just another case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 5:33:36 AM UTC-8, Seth Berman wrote:
This is just a test message to see if it will show the warning in my gmail inbox.

Apparently, it is still happening. I received the warning in the email echo of my latest post.

"Be careful with this message

This may be a spoofed message. The message claims to have been sent from your account, but GemTalk Systems Inc. Mail couldn’t verify the actual source. Avoid clicking links or replying with sensitive information, unless you are sure you actually sent this message. (No need to reset your password, the real sender does not actually have access to your account!)"

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
Yes, its still happening.
I just sent myself a test message because google wanted to see screenshots

- Seth

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 2:02:21 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:

Apparently, it is still happening. I received the warning in the email echo of my latest post.

This may be a spoofed message. The message claims to have been sent from your account, but GemTalk Systems Inc. Mail couldn’t verify the actual source. Avoid clicking links or replying with sensitive information, unless you are sure you actually sent this message. (No need to reset your password, the real sender does not actually have access to your account!)"

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
Another test message...please ignore

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 2:18:58 PM UTC-5, Seth Berman wrote:

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
Another test message...please ignore..having to setup SPF, DKIM, DMAC for our domain...its a pain:(

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:14:15 PM UTC-5, Seth Berman wrote:

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Testing to see if Seth has successfully resolved that annoying possible spam banner.
(fingers crossed!)

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 10:28:14 AM UTC-8, Seth Berman wrote:
Another test message...please ignore..having to setup SPF, DKIM, DMARC for our domain...its a pain:(

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 10:41:23 AM UTC-8, Richard Sargent wrote:
Testing to see if Seth has successfully resolved that annoying possible spam banner.
(fingers crossed!)

Sadly, no. :-(

"

Be careful with this message

This may be a spoofed message. The message claims to have been sent from your account, but GemTalk Systems Inc. Mail couldn’t verify the actual source. Avoid clicking links or replying with sensitive information, unless you are sure you actually sent this message. (No need to reset your password, the real sender does not actually have access to your account!)

"

Another test message...please ignore..having to setup SPF, DKIM, DMARC for our domain...its a pain:(

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
Really?  Strange...I don't get it anymore.

Can you do the following when you get a moment please.
Click that message in gmail with the banner
press the 3 vertical "..." on the far right.
Click "Show Original" from the menu
Click "Download Original" and then send me that offline.
I'll need to send that to Google.

Thanks!

-- Seth

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:42:37 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:
(fingers crossed!)

"

This may be a spoofed message. The message claims to have been sent from your account, but GemTalk Systems Inc. Mail couldn’t verify the actual source. Avoid clicking links or replying with sensitive information, unless you are sure you actually sent this message. (No need to reset your password, the real sender does not actually have access to your account!)

"

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
I also had to update a lot of DNS records within the last 20 minutes.
It kept mentioning that it may take awhile to propagate (up to 48 hours)...but I'm kind of skeptical that this is the issue.

- Seth

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:46:35 PM UTC-5, Seth Berman wrote:

Thanks!

-- Seth

(fingers crossed!)

"

"

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Sargent
Administrator

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 10:50 AM 'Seth Berman' via VA Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also had to update a lot of DNS records within the last 20 minutes.
It kept mentioning that it may take awhile to propagate (up to 48 hours)...but I'm kind of skeptical that this is the issue.

Yeah, I don't see how that could affect it, either.

If I weren't signed in using my GemTalk email, I could understand how Google could be uncertain. I suspect it's a case of left hand not knowing what the right is doing. (And of course, we then complain about overly reaching integration when they do!)

- Seth

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:46:35 PM UTC-5, Seth Berman wrote:

Thanks!

-- Seth

(fingers crossed!)

"

"

- Seth

Hi Richard,

- Seth

NotPlayingNice.png

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/va-smalltalk/G_5yHApQyoY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman
Hi Richard,

Were you ever able to resolve this?

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/f4c9b1f3-cf61-4668-89de-51a870c48631%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Sargent
Administrator
No. My last posts still showed up in Gmail with the warnings.

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 04:25 'Seth Berman' via VA Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Richard,

Were you ever able to resolve this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/va-smalltalk/G_5yHApQyoY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/f4c9b1f3-cf61-4668-89de-51a870c48631%40googlegroups.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/CAGNapENDgipaXyrQfpfN-Tf8wmFTDtq0EzuV987DaauthYTrLg%40mail.gmail.com.