Re: Gmail not playing nice with Google Groups?

Re: Gmail not playing nice with Google Groups?

Seth Berman
Hi Richard,

I've received one or two of these in the past month.
I'm not sure what it relates to or under what conditions it will flag the message (i.e. messages with certain urls in the content).
The configuration of the groups has remained the same so I don't think its that.
I suspect some new gmail countermeasure that have released.
I see reference to this issue on the web, but its not clear to me what to do about it.

- Seth

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:44:20 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:
I just posted a reply in this forum and in the email Google Groups sent me, Gmail showed the following warning, in addition to the actual message.

NotPlayingNice.png

I don't know if this indicates a configuration problem for the forum or if it's just another case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

Re: Gmail not playing nice with Google Groups?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 5:33:36 AM UTC-8, Seth Berman wrote:
This is just a test message to see if it will show the warning in my gmail inbox.

Apparently, it is still happening. I received the warning in the email echo of my latest post.

"Be careful with this message

This may be a spoofed message. The message claims to have been sent from your account, but GemTalk Systems Inc. Mail couldn’t verify the actual source. Avoid clicking links or replying with sensitive information, unless you are sure you actually sent this message. (No need to reset your password, the real sender does not actually have access to your account!)"

[...]

Yes, its still happening.
I just sent myself a test message because google wanted to see screenshots

- Seth

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 2:02:21 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:
[...]

Testing to see if Seth has successfully resolved that annoying possible spam banner.
(fingers crossed!)

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 10:28:14 AM UTC-8, Seth Berman wrote:
Another test message...please ignore..having to setup SPF, DKIM, DMARC for our domain...its a pain:(

[...]

Really?  Strange...I don't get it anymore.

Can you do the following when you get a moment please.
Click that message in gmail with the banner
press the 3 vertical "..." on the far right.
Click "Show Original" from the menu
Click "Download Original" and then send me that offline.
I'll need to send that to Google.

Thanks!

-- Seth

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:42:37 PM UTC-5, Richard Sargent wrote:
[...]

I also had to update a lot of DNS records within the last 20 minutes.
It kept mentioning that it may take awhile to propagate (up to 48 hours)...but I'm kind of skeptical that this is the issue.

- Seth

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 10:50 AM 'Seth Berman' via VA Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also had to update a lot of DNS records within the last 20 minutes.
It kept mentioning that it may take awhile to propagate (up to 48 hours)...but I'm kind of skeptical that this is the issue.

Yeah, I don't see how that could affect it, either.

If I weren't signed in using my GemTalk email, I could understand how Google could be uncertain. I suspect it's a case of left hand not knowing what the right is doing. (And of course, we then complain about overly reaching integration when they do!)

[...]

Were you ever able to resolve this?

Re: Gmail not playing nice with Google Groups?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
No. My last posts still showed up in Gmail with the warnings.